CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 40 

I rolled onto my side and my hand hit something hard. I heard a low groan and opened one eye. Matt was rubbing his cheek with one hand. "Oh, I'm sorry," I croaked. He looked at me worriedly. "How are you feeling?" he asked me, concern leaking into his voice. I pulled myself closer to him and laid my head on his chest. "I feel okay," I mumbled. His arm went around me and I looked up at him. "Are you sure?" he asked again and I nodded. I shut my eyes but I never really fell asleep. He started rubbing up and down on my arm  and I sighed. "You know, being up in the air, it might just be the safest place from everything but still, I'm scared," I whispered. I felt his lips press against my forehead and he said, "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise. I'm sorry for all the pain you went through." I sighed. "Matt, it wasn't your fault," I told him. "I feel so useless for not being able to help you," he said and it hurt me to hear how much pain was in his voice. I sat up and made him look into my eyes. "None of this is your fault. It's just a lot of bad luck in our lives right now. I love you. I don't care if you couldn't help me and I know you did everything you possibly could to try and help me," I said. He looked into my eyes and I could see just how much he loved me. I gave him a small smile and he returned it. "I love you," he said with a sad smile. I nodded and crawled onto his lap. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck.

After a while, he excused himself and I got off his lap. "I'll be back in a bit," he said and I nodded. He left the room and I took the bottled water that was sitting on the bedside table. I drank it while waiting for him to get back. When the door open, Matt came in the room with a guitar case in his hands. He set it down on the floor and flipped it open. He pulled the guitar out he sat down in front of me on the bed. "I…I wrote a song. You inspired me to do it and I'm gonna play it now for you," he said with a sheepish smile on his face. "Okay," I laughed. He started strumming the guitar and the sound already made my heart melt. 

Play the video please. :) 

There was a new girl in town

She had it all figured out 

Well I'll state something rash

She had the most amazing smile.

I bet you didn't expect that

She made me change my ways 

With eyes like a sunset, baby

And legs that went on for days

I'm falling in love

But it's falling apart

I need to find my way back to the start

When we were in love

Things were better than they are

Let me back into

Into your arms

Into your arms

She made her way to the bar

I tried to talk to her

But she seemed so far 

Out of my league

I had to find a way to get her next to me

I'm falling in love

But it's falling apart

I need to find my way back to the start

When we were in love

Things were better than they are

Let me back into

Into your arms

Into your arms