CHAPTER 41 (Part 2)

CHAPTER 42

Part 2 

"Casey, wake up," someone said and shook me. I groaned and pushed them away. "Wake up," they said again and I realized that that person was Matt. "No," grumbled and pulled the blanket tighter around me. Wait, where'd the blanket come from? He ran a hand through my hair and I moaned. "Wake up, we're almost there," he whispered in my ear. I sighed and rolled over. "Fine, fine, fine," I grumbled and sat up. He chuckled and plopped down beside me. "You look really cute in bed hair," he laughed. I gasped and put a hand to my hair. It was a mess and all I could do to fix it was pull it back into a high pony tail. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. I blushed a deep red and stood up. Stefan was already at the bar, cooking up things. Also in the room were, Jake, Jonah and Janey. Our parents were nowhere to be seen. Matt trailed behind me and sat next to the stool that I was sitting on. "You guys hungry?" Stefan asked us. "Yep,"  I told him. "Stefan, this is Matt. Matt this is Stefan," I said. "Hey, man," Matt said with a tight smile and stuck his hand out. "Hey," Stefan replied and shook his hand. I shrugged it off and smiled at Stefan. He took out a box of cereal and a bottle of milk. He set it down on the bar and gave us two bowls and two spoons. Matt took the cereal and poured some into my bowl and his bowl. I took the milk and poured some in both of our bowls. "Thanks," he said with a smile. Stefan, set down a separate bowl of strawberries and blueberries. I took a spoonful of them and dumped it into my bowl. 

After we all ate breakfast, we had time to get changed and get our stuff ready. I changed into a pair of shorts, a summery top and sandals. Matt had changed in the room with me and he changed into a pair of khaki shorts, a light shirt and low-cut vans. Before we finished packing our bags, we brushed our teeth and all that. After that, we all got buckled into our seats for landing. Unfortunately, there was no landing strip on the island so we had to land on a smaller island that was 2 hours away from the island we were supposed to go to. When we landed, we all got of the plane and we had a short walk to the pier where the yacht that would take us to the island would be. I jogged over to Stefan and walked in between him and Jonah, enjoying the freedom of walking around. "I'm so excited to see the island!" I exclaimed and threw my arms around their shoulders. Since they were both taller than me, they lifted me a few inches off the ground. The guys laughed. "It's amazing. You'll love it, I swear," Jonah said to me. We got on the yacht and I sat on the edge with Janey and Matt. The feel of summer heat and the wind hitting my skin made me feel great. It made me forget all of my problems for a while and actually enjoy the time. After 2 short, fun hours, we finally made it to the island. Only the sight of it took my breath away and I instantly knew that this was gonna be an amazing time. The beach had white sand and the water was clear blue. There was a house that was slightly hidden behind the trees but I could tell that it was huge. Stefan was the first to get of the boat and he helped us all get off. Matt jumped off before I could and held his arms out for me. I hopped off the boat and Matt and Stefan both caught me. I thanked them both and ran to Jonah. He was walking slowly behind everyone else. "You okay?" I asked, looking up at him. He looked at the island and stopped walking. "I can't believe I'm here again, after 5 years, without my family," he whispered. Stefan and Matt caught up to us. "Is everything alright?" Matt asked me. I bit my lip and said, "You guys go ahead." 

When the two of us were alone again, I took Jonah's hand in mine and made him walk slowly. "I don't know if I can do this, Cay. It just brings back too many memories," he said sadly. I gave his hand a squeeze. "I'll help you get through this. You'll be okay," I told him with a small smile. He frowned in reply and we slowly made our way up the beach. We walked on a stone path through the trees and I got a clearer view of the house. It was huge. I stopped in my tracks and I knew my jaw dropped open. Jonah laughed at my reaction and tugged my hand. "Come on," he chuckled lightly. I let him pull me as I stared at the house. It looked like it was 3 floors and it was almost all glass, no walls. The inside was modern but still decorated a bit old-fashioned. There was a garden full of different flowers and through the glass, I could see a pool in the back. "Whoa," I gasped. "I miss this place," he sighed. I squeezed his hand and reached up to kiss his cheek. "We're here now, it'll be okay," I told him. He nodded and we entered the house. Our bags were all scattered in the foyer and everyone was waiting for us. When we entered the front room, my mom approached Jonah and asked him how the rooms were. "There are 6 bedrooms, 7 and a half bathrooms. 3 bedrooms on the first floor and 3 on the second. The kitchen is at the back of the house and there's a pool at the back. The whole top floor is a living room, game room, theater room, and all that. There's also, a separate room on the left side of the house. There's a door and through there that leads to it. It's a bedroom with it's own bathroom and things. It's like it's little own house but it's still connected to here," Jonah said. "Wow, this place is huge," I gasped. He chuckled. "Okay, you can all pick your own rooms," Mom announced and everyone rushed out except for Dr. Carlton, Matt and Stefan. "Casey, how are you feeling?" he asked me and put a hand to my forehead. "Much better," I told him. "Well, it seems like your fever's gone down by a lot. If you need me, I'll be in one of the rooms," he said. "Thanks," I called as he started walking away. He gave a small smile. "Which room should I stay in?" Stefan asked cluelessly, scratching the back of his head. I laughed and looked at Jonah questioningly. "There's a room near the kitchen," Jonah said. "Okay, thanks," he replied. He picked his stuff up and walked out of the room. "I'm sure you guys will want the separate room," Jonah whispered in my ear when I turned to talk to Matt. I blushed and slapped his arm. "Shut up," I grumbled. He laughed and shook his head. 

He sat down on the sofa and sighed. "Cay," Matt called. I turned to look at him and gave him a sad smile. "You go bring our stuff to the room first, I'll follow," I told him. He nodded understandingly and took our suitcases. He shook Jonah's shoulder before leaving the room. I sighed and sat down beside him. I looked at him and it looked like he was trying hard not to look sad. "It's okay to cry, you know," I whispered. He nodded and stood up. He held a hand out for me and I took it. He pulled me up and we headed through the house. "You can do this," I encouraged him and he gave me a small nod. We went through the door and deeper into the house. After a long hallway with doors on both sides, we went through a door and it lead to a huge kitchen that connected to the dining and living room on the first floor. Jonah was squeezing my hand tight as we walked through the room. "There's the bedroom I told Stefan about," he said and pointed to a door. I nodded. We walked round for a bit before going upstairs. There was a long hall and there were numerous doors on both sides of the walls again and we entered one of the rooms. Jake was inside, fixing his bags. There were 2 beds in the room and a few other things. "This is the room where my brother and I used to stay," Jonah said, letting go of my hand and walking to the free bed. He sat down on it and put his head in his hands. I looked at Jake and he nodded. "I'll go check out the, uhm, toilet first," Jake said, quickly walking out the room. 

"Jonah," I sighed and sat beside him on the bed. I put my arm around his shoulder and I felt him shaking from the sobs. "Shh, it's okay," I said rubbing his back. He laid his head on my shoulder and I kissed the top of his head. "They're gone," he sobbed into my shoulder. "I know, I know, shh. It's okay," I cooed. He cried for another hour, I think before he fell asleep from the exhaustion of crying and the flight. I laid his head down on the pillow and pulled his feet up on the bed. I took his shoes off and put the blanket on him. I kissed his forehead before I left. For a 15 year old, he had gone through too much. 

__________ 

Not edited. :)

Vote, comment, become a fan! Thanks! :))) 

Less than three! <3