Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

"Casey! Casey, honey! Come down please!" Mom screamed from downstairs.

I grunted but got out of bed. I looked at the time, it was 9:26 am. Well, I guess it's time to get up. I put my hair up in a messy ponytail and then ran down the stairs. The smell of eggs and bacon filled the air, I smiled and went into the kitchen. Mom was cooking.

I walked over to her and kissed her cheek then said, "Good morning, mommy!"

She laughed and said, "Good morning, sweetheart."  

"So why did you want me down so early?"  

"Early? It's past nine, honey. Well, I need to talk to you." I raised an eyebrow and she went on.  

"Summer break is starting in a few days, right?" I nodded. "Your Aunt Vina, Uncle Jay and your father and I have a business trip for a year."  

"Mom, what? A year?!"  

"Yes, honey, a year. This business trip is VERY important to the company. We'll be gone for a year so your cousin Jake is coming here to stay with you."  

"Cousin Jake? Mom, I'm 16, I can take care of myself. "

Ah, cousin Jake, that jerk. He's like the brother I never wanted. He can be really caring and all when he chooses to but other than that, he's a jerk.

"Well, honey. We don't want anything to happen to you so we're gonna have him stay here with you."

I sighed in defeat and asked what room he's staying in since we didn't have a guest bedroom.

"Well, he's either staying in your room or in the living room. It's your choice but I'd rather he stayed in your room."  

"What? No. No, mom!"  

"Okay, honey. It's your choice." I nodded and sat down. I started munching on a piece of toast when I asked, "Mom, when are you leaving and when's he coming?"  

"Tomorrow, baby." I sighed and said, "Okay."

I finished breakfast and ran up the stairs to get ready for school. Since it was the last day, all we really needed to do was go to school for the last assembly so everyone went to school at lunch. I drove my baby, my red Porsche, to school and met up with my two best friends, Ashlyn and Sarah. They were both opposites of each other but we were all best friends. Ashlyn was beautiful and liked to dress up slightly slutty but not so much. She was not a slut though. Sarah liked to dress up kinda boyish but she was really girly. We all love each other like sisters. We walked down the hallway, our arms linked, me in the middle. We laughed and talked while we walked. We finally reached the assembly hall and the principle gave her last speech and bla bla bla.

She ended it with, "This has been a great year at Mackenzie High. Thank you all very much and enjoy your holidays!"

Screams, cheers and claps filled the hall and that was it, summer break is on! We all ran out of school with grins on our faces. Ashlyn, Sarah and I went to the mall to celebrate the start of summer break. At the mall, I told them about what my mom told me and that Jake was coming.  

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm, I grunted. I had to pick up Jake at the airport so I had to wake up early. I changed into my denim shorts and into a shirt that had COLD written in red capital letters in the front. I drove my baby to the airport to pick them up. Mom and Dad's flight was still in another few hours so they got to wait with me. We waited 10 minutes until the lady on the speakers announced that the flight arrived. I watched the doors to see Jake walking to me with a smirk on his face. I also saw a guy, a hot guy, walking with him. I just shrugged, I guess I'd wait for an explanation. I started running to him and jumped into his arms.