CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 39 

[Casey's POV] 

"Matt? What are you doing? Where are we going? I don't understand!" I cried in frustration as he draped a coat over my shoulders. He was rushing around the room, looking for something and I was standing in the middle of the room waiting for an answer. We were allowed to leave the hospital, I still don't even know why we were there in the first place, and we were supposedly late. I was beyond confused and I was terrified too. I woke up in the hospital without even knowing why I was there and now it felt like we were running from something. "Wait, please," Matt begged as he continued looking around. Our families were running back to their houses quickly to pick up some clothes for wherever we're going and Matt was staying with me at the hospital. I huffed in frustration and I could feel the tears coming. I blinked away the tears but I suddenly felt dizzy. My legs started feeling like jelly and started falling but a pair of strong arms caught me. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked as he pulled me to him. He sat me down on the bed in his lap and I hid my face in his neck. "No, I'm not okay. I'm thinking too much. I don't know what's happening or where we're going or why we're here. I'm scared, what's going on?" I sobbed. "I'm so sorry. Just calm down. I'll tell you later, I promise but right now, we really have to go. Jake and Jonah should be here soon. The others are already leaving for the airport," he explained. I looked up at him with confusion tattooed all over my face. "Who's Jonah?" I asked, rubbing my tears. Matt looked at me like I was crazy and after a few seconds, realization finally set. 

"Oh, right!" he exclaimed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, I forgot. I'll tell you later," he said and patted my cheek. "Forgot what? Huh?" I asked and I was frustrated again. "I'll tell you later," He said and I shrugged. I had no reason not to trust him so I just stayed quiet and waited. He stood up and started looking around. He finally looked under the bed coz I heard him sigh in relief. He reached under the bed and pulled something out. He shoved it into his pocket and my brows knit in confusion. "What's that?" I asked and he shook his head. "Nothing," he mumbled. He stood up and cupped my cheeks in his hands. I looked up at him and he gave me a small smile. "I love you so much," he said breathlessly. I smiled back at him and said, "I love you too." After a few minutes, Jake and this Jonah guys burst in the room and started picking up the bags that were in a pile on the floor. "We gotta go," Jake said and shoulder one of the bags. The Jonah guy, he looked awfully familiar. "Do I know you?" I asked before I could stop myself. He looked up at me and I saw the hurt in his eyes. I immediately regret asking that. It felt like I did know him but I didn't know why. Matt tightened the coat around me shoulders and slipped his hand in mine. "Let's go," he said and walked out of the room. Matt and the others were walking really fast and I had a hard time keeping up. My legs felt really stiff and I kept tripping over them. "Ouch!" I cried when I accidentally stepped on my own toe. "You okay?" Jake asked as we stopped walking. "Yeah," I said. "Carry her, dude. The flight's in an hour and we still have to get to the airport," Jonah said. Matt picked me up bridal style and we started running. I just realized in Matt's arms and hoped that I wasn't that much of a hassle. We ran down the part of the hospital that looked almost empty and down the fire escape. I was getting more scared now because it seemed like something or someone was coming after us. 

Finally, we emerged out of the dark fire escape and ended up in the back of the hospital. There were 2 black hummers waiting for us and there were guys all dressed in black all around us. I recognized the doctor was there amongst them all and I felt scared again. Matt set me down but I couldn't hold myself up and fell forward. Matt and Jonah both caught me. I thanked Jonah and he just nodded.  A few of the guys started taking the bags from Jonah and Jake and started filling one of the hummers. "Robert!" Jake called and the guy named Robert came and started hiding us to the hummer. Jonah started getting in the passenger's seat and Jake went around the car. The Robert guy opened the car seat for us and I tried to get in but it was too high for me. Matt held my hips and helped me up. I slid in the seat next to Jake and he strapped me in. Matt came in next and then fixed his seatbelt. Robert then came around the car and got in the driver's seat. The other hummer pulled out  and we went after it. After a few minutes of silence and tenseness, I finally broke it. "Where's Doctor Carlton?" I asked. "He's in the other hummer," Matt answered me. "How you feeling?" he asked. I shrugged. I put my head on his shoulder and he took my hand in his. I took Jake's hand in my other hand and squeezed it. He squeezed it back and I smiled at him. It made me feel less scared. I sighed and let myself relax. My eyes started to get heavy and I finally fall asleep.I was woken up by the movement of someone walking. I was in the unfamiliar arms of one of the big guys in black and we were walking towards a plane. The plane looked different than the normal planes. It looked like it was a private plane. I closed my eyes again and waited until we were in the plane. The guy set me down on a bed and draped a blanket over me. I was perplexed because I didn't know you could have beds in airplanes. I heard people around me, some with familiar voices and some with unfamiliar voices. I was planning to wake up but I accidentally fell asleep again.