{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [32]

The bus was still quiet. I had heard the door open and multiple sets of foot steps, so I knew people had come on board but no one had come to the bunk area. I sniffed and flipped my tear stained pillow over looking for a dry spot. Not finding one I flipped on my back and let out a huff.

"Now Andy is that any way to look at this?"

"Dad?" I whispered and sat up a bit. "You don't even make the bunk dip."

"Of course not, I don't have any actual weight." 

"Wait...how could someone putting coke into Danny's pocket with a note from me be a good thing?"

"It may get the person help. And...well you going home will put you where you are most needed."

"But I'm supposed to be here. Mom is going to be so disappointed. I'm supposed to be getting along with Matt better. Dad! What if she doesn't believe me? What if she takes Matt's side?"

"I'm not so sure that Matt doesn't want to believe you, but Andy you have to remember that you broke his trust in a really big way. It's going to take a while to get that repaired."

"But Dad I didn't do this. It's not fair."

"Life often isn't sweetheart. This is one of the easiest ways to learn that. But it doesn't mean that Matt doesn't care about you or that you and he aren't rebuilding trust."

"He said he can't trust me."

"He said he can't trust you because of what has happened. The more you do what he asks the more it backs up that you didn't lie to him about the coke and the note."

"So I shouldn't try to make an argument to stay?"

"No, you need to go home Andy. Not just for Matt for your Mom."

"Why? Mom wanted me to come."

"Yes, but she could use some help at home right now and you are the one that can help the most."

A knock on my bunk drew my attention. I pulled the curtain back to see Matt. I glanced at the end of the bunk but my dad was gone.

"Andy, can we talk?"

"Of course."

"I really wish you would tell me where you got the coke."

I sighed and pushed the curtain back farther to swing my legs out and face Matt directly.

"I really wish that you could believe me that it isn't mine, and before you ask again I didn't write the note."

"I want to believe you Andy, but you can see why it's hard."

"I know, but it really is just a stupid crush. I never expected anything to come of it and I never...." I blushed, "never would have said anything like THAT to Danny."

Matt sighed.

"I know I made it hard by lying to you, and I understand that you have to send me home, but I'm telling you it's not mine so please, please, please keep Jr safe."

"I'm trying to keep you safe by sending you home."

"I know, but..."

"I'll keep an eye on Jr. We all are."

I nod.

"Do you need help packing?"

"No, I'm already packed."

"Ok, your flight leaves at 7 a.m. so we will have to have an early start."

"Alright."

"Alright then, see you in the morning kiddo."