{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [24]

I had to chuckle at the envy on De's face and Ash's huge eyes. Dakota was already messing around with the computer sitting at the desk and Jr had eased himself down on the bench in the corner. He seemed a little tired from climbing the stairs but otherwise ok. His breathing was normal and he wasn't to pale.

"Stop it Sis, I'm fine."

"You can't blame me for being worried."

"I'm fine. This room turned out great."

"Yeah, you can see Matt really put his love for you into making it," De said.

"You think so?" I said settling behind the kit and running my fingers around the rim of the snare.

"Andy he painted it your favorite colors, color coordinated your drum kit, chose your favorite wood for the desk and bench, bought top of the line equipment for you and even hung pictures of your father," Ash said.

"I suppose."

"You suppose? Hell I don't even think my dad remembers I play guitar half the time."

"De that's not true, Uncle Brian adores you."

"He wishes I was a son."

"I'm sure that's not true," Ash said.

"Really? Then why does he spend more time with Aaron then me?"

"Because Uncle Brent has been busy with his business travels and Aaron has been going down the wrong path?"

"Right," De said bitterly.

"De he loves you maybe you should talk to him about it," I suggested.

"Right, how about you and I go downstairs and have Matt and Dad sit down for a father daughter chat?"

I looked down at the snare still running my fingers around the rim.

"That's what I thought," De said flopping down by Jr on the bench.

"You and Matt are still going to the UCLA drum clinic this weekend aren't you?" Ash said.

"Yeah, we have been planning to go and Uncle Brian and Johnny said they would be around to check on things here."

"I will be fine," Jr said.

"Well Matt's orders you know," I said quietly.

"Dad is just trying to make sure everyone is ok while he's gone. He knows you'll worry about us."

My eyes snapped up to Dakota sitting at my desk. He wasn't looking at me but his head was down as he tapped on the keys doing something on a program.

"I know," I said softly.

"Do you hate me too?"

My hand jerked from the snare.

"What?"

"You hate Dad because he's not your dad so do you hate me too?"

"Dakota, I could never hate you and I don't hate Matt...it's just complicated."

"How is it complicated? Either you like him or you don't."

"Dakota, man, she's a girl. To girls simple feelings are often the most complicated," Jr chimed in.

"Is that why Uncle Johnny said that girls are always a mystery?"

"Yep, always have been and always will be."

"Men are just as much of a mystery," De said with a roll of her eyes.

"Not really, we are much more straightforward with how we feel and what we want," Jr said.