{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [25]

I slipped my suitcase and stick bag in the trunk of the car along side Matt's. Mom and Dakota were standing on the porch hugging Matt goodbye and waiting for me. Jr had come down to stand beside me at the trunk. He pulled me into a tight hug and I wrapped my arms around him nuzzling his neck not minding when the zipper on his light leather jacket scraped my face a little.

"Be careful Bro," I whispered and took a deep breath in. I savored the smell of his cologne and shampoo.

"I'll be fine Sis, you just take this time to focus on you and Matt. I fully expect a report tonight on how things are going."

"I'll try."

"No, you will. Text me before you go to bed."

"Oookkkk," I laughed as he pulled back. Matt slowly stepped down off the porch and I headed that way, giving him a shy smile as we passed. I had been trying to take everyone's advice and see how Matt treated me and what he did for me in an unbiased way. I have to admit it did look like he was trying.

"Andy," my mom said pulling me into a hug.

"I'll be fine Mom, but I want you to promise you aren't going to overdue it here."

"Oh sweetie, I'll be fine. You know Lindsay won't let me do to much."

"Mom."

"Ok, ok. I promise I won't overdue it and I'll let Lindsay know if I'm not feeling well."

"Good."

"Now you stop worrying about me and start enjoying your weekend with Matt."

"Yes, Mom."

She released me and knelt in front of Dakota. He hugged me and I pulled him tight.

"Don't worry Sis, I'll take good care of her while you are gone."

"Thanks Dakota. Keep an eye on Jr too ok?"

"Sure."

"I'll bring you back something ok?"

"Ok," he said with a big grin showing his little dimples.

"Andy, we should go. Traffic will be a nightmare if we wait much longer."

"Ok, be right there." I squeezed Dakota again and let him go with a smile.

I made my way down to the car and climbed in the passenger seat. Matt climbed in the driver side and we buckled up. Matt started the car and began to drive down the long drive to the gate. I leaned out the window and waved goodbye to everyone until we reached the gate. Matt opened it with the automatic opener and pulled out onto the street. I watched it swing close behind us as the sensors underground registered the car was out. I sighed and settled into my seat.

"So this is going to be a fun weekend right?" Matt said giving me a quick smile before returning his attention to the road.

"Yeah it should be lots of fun."

"I'm glad that Arin told you about this. I really think you'll enjoy it."

"Yeah," I said and looked out the window. How could I have forgotten that I'd have an hour alone in the car with Matt? What was I supposed to talk about?

"I, uh, grabbed your Ipod from the table for you. It's plugged in if you want to choose some music."

"Ok, yeah, sure. How about some Metallica?"

"Sounds good."

I started clicking through the bands and somehow managed to go right past the M's and into the P's landing on Pinkly Smooth. As though I had already selected the band 'Mcfly' started playing.