{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [19]

I wasn't able to completely fix my makeup but I looked presentable. At least you could hardly tell I had been crying. I exited the ladies room and gave Matt a wobbly smile.

"Ready."

He gave me an appraising look over that lasted a second to long.

"Are you sure?"

The tears welled in my eyes again.

"Andy, honey, come here," Matt said gathering me in his arms. I buried my face in his chest.

"It's alright to cry. It's alright to admit you are scared. I know your mom and I depend on you a lot but you are a kid and its alright to be a kid."

I sniffled as my tears continued staining Matt's shirt.

"Your mom, the guys and I are going to take care of this for you ok?"

"Ok," I whispered into Matt's shirt.

"I mean it baby girl. I want you to focus on you and spending time with your friends, your brothers, and your cousins. Leave the rest of it up to us."

"Ok," I whispered wiping my eyes with my fingers.

Matt smiled and grabbed a tissue from his pocket. I took it with a smile and tried to clean my face up a bit.

"I probably really look like a panda now."

"You make an adorable panda," Matt smiled as he placed a hand on my back and guided me back to Jr's room.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. To my surprise it wasn't just Zacky and Val waiting inside. Johnny, Lindsey, Brian, Chelle, De, and Ash had also arrived. Ash and De were sitting on the bed on either side of Jr. Both had panda eyes and tear tracks down their faces. I looked at them and they looked at me. The room was silent until Ash sniffled. Instantly my eyes filled with tears.

"Oh god, guys come on this isn't my funeral you know. Andy how are you liking..."

Matt cleared his throat.

"What you didn't give it to her yet? Why not?"

"Mom is just getting up today. I wanted her to be there when I unwrap it."

Jr, Brian and Zacky all chuckled. Matt's lips twitched.

"Take a picture of her face for me ok?"

Jr finally gasped.

"I can wait for you to come home."

"No, absolutely not. You are gonna go home and enjoy your gift."

"But Jimmy..."

"No buts, I want you to have it now."

I crawled up on the bed beside De and hugged my twin.

"I love you," I whispered letting my tears fall on my twins shoulder.

"I love you too Sis, and I don't want any guilt from you. Go home and enjoy your gift."

There was a soft cough from the doorway.

"I'm sorry but visiting hours are over for the morning."

"No problem. We'll all clear out for you," Brian said turning on his famous Gates charm. The nurse giggled and blushed on her way out.

"Really Dad?" De said rolling her eyes as she scooted off the bed.

"It was nice of him," Ash said before hugging Jimmy and sliding off the bed.

De huffed and rolled her eyes before leading us all out of the room. We all walked down the hall together and crowded into an elevator. The ride down to the ground floor was silent. As the elevator dinged and the door slid open I watched the guys exchange uneasy glances. Matt's arm wrapped around me. I looked behind me and saw that Johnny and Brian also were holding to Ash and De.

"Remember what I said," Matt whispered before guiding me out of the elevator.

The walk through the lobby was uneventful. I felt my shoulders start to relax as we stepped through the doors and out into the warm, afternoon sunlight. Suddenly there was a dull roar and flashes everywhere. The world returned into focus and zoomed in sharply.

"Is it Jimmy Jr?"

"Andrea were you being treated?"

"De, were you the one hospitalized?"

"Is it drugs or alcohol?"

The questions were flying a mike a minute all around us. Matt tucked me closer to him and started walking faster. Behind us I could hear Zacky starting to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen..."

I took a deep, shaky breath.

"That's it," Matt said as he gently rubbed my back. "Take a few deep breaths. It's ok, we made it through."

I shuddered and opened the door sliding into the front seat of Matt's car.

"Are you ok?" Matt asked his voice tone quick with concern. "Andy?"

"I...I'm fine just..."

"Shocked?"

I nodded numbly.

"Ok let's get you home."

The car started and I leaned my head back closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.