{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [21]

I made my way downstairs debating if I could find it in myself to call Matt dad. I knew I would have to know for sure I could do it permanently because if I ever called him dad once and never did again I think I'd be breaking his heart even more. A clatter drug me from my thoughts and I mentally prepared myself for when I turned the corner.

My hand reached for my mouth but not soon enough to stop the giggles escaping. Jason turned and gave me a dry look which only intensified my mirth making me double over as my giggles turned into full out laughter. Which of course brought Matt out of his office to see what was going on. I tried to warn him as he crossed the living room and into the hall but by this time I had sunk to a sitting position holding my stomach from laughing so hard. Matt raised an eyebrow then peered into the kitchen his lips twiching. I could feel the tears running from my eyes as I watched Matt trying to supress his laughter so hard that he was shaking and he still had to clear his throat to speak as my laughter started to subside.

"So...uh...I take it there was an accident with the Jello mix?"

That one line set me off into another round of hysterics as Jason gave Matt a cool look and removed the bowl that used to contain the hot water for the jello mix from his head. His hair and beard were soaked, his face flushed red from the heat of the water and his shirt was wet half way down from where the water had run. Jason put the bowl in the sink and removed his shirt using it to mop some of the water from his hair.

"You could say that."

"I didn't mean it! It was an accident!" Dakota said his eyes filing up with tears.

"It's ok Dakota, I'm not mad at you I know you didn't mean to drop the bowl on me. The hyena and I here might have an issue though."

"I'm not a hyena!" I yelped clenching my fists.

"I don't know it kind of sounded like it from out there. But at least the reporters are wondering what's going on now."

I turned around to see Danny taking his sunglasses off and I bit my lip.

"Sorry Jason I shouldn't have laughed quite that hard."

"It's ok," he said with a glint in his eye and a small quirk of his lips. I blinked at him curiously.

"Is it no shirt day? I could have left mine at home if someone told me and why is your hair wet Jason?"

I blushed at the mention of Danny leaving his shirt behind.

"I spilled the jello water on him accidentally," Dakota said.

"Ah...."

"He was wearing the bowl like hat when Andy came in."

"I see," Danny said casting me a little smile. I felt my cheeks heating and I dropped his gaze.

"Hey Andy do you still have my painting clothes?" Jason spoke up.

"Yeah, I think I left them in the laundry room," I said greatfully as I forced myself to walk across the kitchen to the laundry room at a pace that could be considered normal.

I opened the door just wide enough to slip through and then shut it again taking a few deep breaths. I had to figure out a way to make this less obvious. Jimmy would be teasing me mercilessly if he had been here to see that and Matt, oh boy, he would be pissed if he knew. I found myself standing in front of the dryer my hands resting on top of it staring at the pile of freshly laundered clothes eye level on the shelf above it. The door opened and shut behind me. My heart beat quickened as I turned around and came face to face with a serious looking Jason. He deposited the wet shirt on the empty drying rack and reached behind me for the clean one.