{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [5]

I smiled at my grams after helping her clean up from breakfast.

"Do you mind if I go play for a while before we make lunch?"

"Of course not dear. It was good to hear those old things being played again. I'm sure your Dad never meant for them to sit unplayed for so long."

I nodded and bit my lip. I wasn't really sure I was doing them any justice. I made my way back to my room and grabbed my sticks, the notebook and cassette tape. I set everything up and after studying the part I was having trouble with I tried working on just that. After about an hour it seemed like I was getting it so I tried to string it all together from start to finish. I made it past the beginning like always but right in the middle I slipped up and completely lost my place screwing over the entire middle section. I groaned and threw the sticks again in frustration. I let my head drop to my hands and then ran them through my hair in frustration. It wasn't until I found my sticks in front of my face being handed back to me that I realized I wasn't alone.

"It sounds really good Andy. You're just rushing the middle," Matt said still holding my sticks out to me.

"Really?" I said taking the sticks.

"Yeah," is this the one you were working on last night?"

"Yeah, I tried just working that part out and I thought I had it but I guess not."

"When your dad was having trouble with a part he would practice it until it was second nature before he put it back in the song."

"Ok. Wait, if you're here what time is it?" 

He smiled at me, "Eleven thirty."

"Oh god! I was supposed to be downstairs helping with lunch!"

I scrambled around trying to pick up my stuff while Matt chuckled.

"Your grandmother doesn't mind. I think she's secretly pleased that one of you has decided to try your hand at drums."

"Yeah...."

"Something wrong kiddo?"

"Are you sure you're ok with me doing this?"

"Of course."

I smiled at him brightly before I finished gathering everything up and taking it back to my room.

"Matt?" I said falling in step beside him as we made our way downstairs.

"Yeah?"

"My dad's old kit is in the storage isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Do you think maybe...I..or we...could find somewhere for me to set it up at home?"

"Probably. I'll talk to your mom about it. See what plans she has for the empty rooms."

"Thanks," I say as we enter the kitchen.

"Did I hear Bat Country?" My mom asked teasingly.

"Well I guess I must've been doing alright if it was vaguely recognizable," I joked.

"Better than vaguely sweetie," she said handing me a plate of food. I took my spot in between Jimmy and Dakota.

"I finished my paper," Jimmy said quietly.

"Alright I'll check it over when we get home."

He nodded and we all settled in for a nice family lunch.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~