{Avenged Sevenfold} Help me Find My Way {Book 2} [2]

I was sitting in the kitchen with a beer waiting on Kathy to get back. I took another sip as I heard the door open and shut and then heard her quick footsteps come into the kitchen. She glanced into the living room before shutting the door and turning to me excitedly.

“So was it my imagination or were you and Andy actually bonding?”

I couldn’t help my smile at how excited she was.

“I think we are making progress.”

“So what was she doing in the storage garage anyway?”

“She stumbled onto the boxes of Jimmy’s stuff last week.”

“I figured when I saw the drum sticks but why was she in there in the first place?”

I shrugged. “That I don’t know but we knew it would come one day. She looks like Jimmy holding those sticks.” I smiled.

“Matt? You know I love you right?”

I chuckled and pulled her down on my lap and pressing my lips to hers. I felt her respond eagerly. I licked her bottom lip and she opened to me. I thrust my tongue in and began exploring her mouth.

“Mom….” Jimmy’s voice trailed off as he entered the kitchen. “Sorry,” he said holding his hands up and backing out of the kitchen.

“Jimmy,” I called him back in.

“Uh I just wanted to see if it would be ok if I went to Seth’s this weekend after the picnic? I know that Dakota is going to Chase’s for a sleep over and Andy said she wanted to talk to grandma about maybe staying the weekend.”

“Well um I guess it’s ok then.” Kathy said and looked at me confused and I nodded.

“It’s fine Jimmy. Just make sure you are at your grandparents by noon on Sunday. We promised dinner with them.”

“Thanks I promise Dad,” He grinned and looked so much like my brother Jimmy that it hurt.

“You know he looks more like him every day,” Kathy whispered.

“Yeah I noticed that. Andy too.”

“So do you want me to talk to her about the picnic?”

I shook my head no. “I already talked to her. I was the one that suggested she spend Saturday with them.”

“Really?”

I smiled at her. “Really. We made progress today and I think it’s important not to push her. So why not let her spend some time with her grandparents. I'm sure they would love to have her and the more important thing is that she get's some space and time away from the family."

"Time away from the family is important?"

I smiled and smoothed her raised eyebrows.

"Honey I had a fifteen year old sister once. As much as she loved having her little brother around her she also liked her space. Think about it, when was the last time Andy got to have all her friends over for a sleep over or the last time she wasn't the only non adult female in the house?"

I laughed as she bit into her lip trying to remember. I reached up and rescued her lip from her teeth smoothing out the bite mark.

"I think that we've been pushing the family angle to much with her. Let her have some space and let her deal with her feelings."

"When did you become such an expert on the mysteries of a teenage girl?"

I laughed and kissed her.