{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [9]

*Matt's POV*

Jason had just finished helping me set up the kit. We had everything else we had in place. I had wanted to set up a little bit of recording equipment for her as well but it was still on backorder. Oh well I could do that later. I sat back on a chair and watched Jason grab a pair of sticks and test out the kit.

"Well that looks like it's it. Everything we have is set up and in working order," Jason said as he deposited the sticks back in the bag.

"Do you think she'll like it?"

"Matt she's gonna love it. I mean you did it in her favorite colors, you have pictures of her dad up and the most important thing is it's something YOU did for her."

"Yeah she asked me to take her down to UCLA's drum clinic."

"The whole weekend?"

"Yeah, just us."

"Well that's good. I mean you two have been sort of having a rough patch lately."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Just a bit. We weren't sure what was going on. I mean after all, Andy's as much her mother's daughter as her father's."

I cracked a smile at that, because it was true. The women in my life could be very puzzling at times.

"So what's with the attitude swing do you think?"

"I don't know really. I mean lately some of the issues have been coming out in the open more."

"What issues?"

"Well Andy was feeling like we didn't love her and that really hurt. Especially when she felt like she couldn't tell me and Kathy that."

"How did you find out then?"

"I overheard her and De talking in the hallway."

"Oh ouch. Yeah not the best way to find out that your kid is doubting your love."

"I know I've been feeling like such a screw up when it comes to Andy. I mean I can't have been a very good father to her if she's feeling that way. I'm just not sure where I went wrong to fix it though."

"Matt, you haven't been a screw up. Andy just takes more patience. I mean girls always do from what I've seen."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh huh. De and Chelle had a real knock down drag out fight the other day."

"Over what?"

"From what Brian and I could tell Chelle went looking for some makeup that De had borrowed and found an open box of condoms in her drawer."

"What?"

"Yeah, Brian tried to step in and Chelle just started screaming at him that it was his fault so he headed out until she cooled off."

"They're only fifteen though. I mean you don't think they are actually, you know, do you?"

"Matt do you remember yourself at fifteen?"

"Shit."

"Yeah."

"Double shit."

"Why?"

"Kathy's gonna be gone for a couple days.

"Well...why not just sit the twins down together for a talk and then tell them you are open for individual question sessions?"

"Yeah and if Andy has a question?"

"Val? Chelle? Linds?"

"Good point."

"You know I don't remember seeing this picture of Jimmy for a while."

"That's because it's been boxed up in the attic."

"Why?"

"I have no clue. For some reason Kathy boxed up a bunch of these old pictures and put them up there. Another reason Andy was feeling so alienated. She felt like we were taking away Jimmy. Trying to erase him from her life."

"Do you think she's really talking to him or hallucinating?"

"I honestly don't know. Kathy is sure that she talked to him after he died so if she did why can't Andy now. I mean I know if he can he would be."

We heard a car pull in the drive.

"Well let's get everything ready," I said to Jason who nodded. We grabbed all of our tools we had been using and exited the room, turning the light out behind us.

I knocked on Jimmy Jr's door while Jason went down to meet Andy and Zacky.

"Hey Dad, what's up?"

"Uh can you come down stairs for a minute. I need to talk to you and Andy about something."

"Sure."

I waited until he closed the door and then we walked down stairs together. The hall was empty so I peeked into the living room and found Jason, Zacky, Andy and to my surprise Brian sitting in there.

"Uh did we do something wrong?" Jr asked as he took a seat by his sister. I took the seat opposite them.

"Um no, at least I don't think so. I hope not, but even if you did, do this I mean, you're not bad just well teenagers."

"Uh Matt you aren't making sense," Andy said.

"Is this about the De thing?" Brian asked.

I nodded feeling very much out of my depth. Kathy was the one that always handled these kinds of things.

"What De thing?" Zacky asked.

"Open box of condoms in her drawer," Brian supplied.

I watched the twins look at each other and do their silent communication thing before they both looked back at me guiltily.

"Ok look, obviously I'd prefer if you guys weren't experimenting but I was your age once so I know how it is. Sometimes the urges are just to much."

"Oh my god!" Andy said and buried her face in her hands. Jr. rubbed her back gently.

"It's ok Sis this had to happen sometime."

"No, no it really didn't."

"Andrea all I'm trying to say is I want you guys to be safe and if you need anything..."

"No, no, no! We weren't doing that! We taped them to the principal's car and filled them with whipped cream! God De must have just kept the extras we had."

"You guys aren't exp.."

"No!"

"Sis calm down. Matt didn't mean anything by it. He's just being a dad."

"So you did, uh, what with the condoms again?" Zacky asked his lips twitching.

"We uh taped them to the principal's car and filled them with whipped cream," Andrea said sheepishly.

"So should I be expecting a bill for the repaint on it?"

"Nah, we didn't get caught and besides we saran wrapped it first,"Jr said.

"And painted it in bright neon colors....." Andy added.

"Before we duck taped the condoms on and filled them." Jr finished.

Zacky busted up laughing.

"Wow, I guess their our kids Shadz," Brian said. "At least De is at this age already. You're gonna have to go through this again with Dakota." 

"Oh don't worry we're teaching him right," Jr said. "He got the whole thing on tape and even Mr. Early's reaction from across the street in the bushes. Even thought to use the zoom by himself so we got a  good picture of his face when he sees the car!"

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. 

"Look on the bright side. Teaching Dakota to be a juvenile delinquent is far from the twins having sex," Zacky offered.