ANOTHER DAY OF SUN | sam holland

The lip sync battle was the biggest event when it came to promoting Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the two main actors, Y/n Y/L/N and Tom Holland were chosen to participate against each other. They were told to pick two different songs, and learn choreography for the event.

Tom had chosen his two songs by the first week of practice. Y/n was still undecided. She wanted her performance to be unique, as she thouht of new and creative ways to not only show her hidden talents but also her commitment to an activity.

Meanwhile, Sam Holland had developed a small crush on his brother's co-star. There was something about her that made his gaze linger every time he saw her or heard her name. His brothers were aware of his crush on the young actress, and Harrison even invited him to attend the lip sync battle in person.

That's exactly what Sam did. Maybe he would approach her today. Maybe he would actually have the guts to tell her how he felt.

The lights were dimmed as Sam watched from the terrace, his eyes looking down at the stage, and the doors opened to reveal Cool J and Chrissy Tiegen, the hosts.

"Hello and welcome to Lip Sync Battle! Today, we have two very important and talented actors! You might have seen him playing out very own superhero, Spider-Man! He's flexible, agile and saves cats! Please welcome, Tom Holland!"

Sam's brother ran out, a smile on his face as he greeted te audience, and turned his attention up, waving to Sam and Harrison, before reaching up and fist bumping both.

"Now, Tom's rival worked with him on his first superhero movie. You might recognize as Spider-Man's love interest and new spiderling! Please welcome Y/n Y/L/N!"

And there she was. Her hair was perfectly brushed on her head, as no strand was out of place. She was wearing blue rolled up jeans, white converse on her feet and a striped sleveless shirt. She jogged to the audience, giving high fives to the audience before she made her way to the terrace, where she waved at Harrison and Sam, making Sam's heart skip a beat. He waved back, as Y/n retreated next to his brother.

"So, today we have both spiderlings. How does it feel to be on Lip Sync Battle against each other?"

"It's definitely a new experience. I don't think any amount of preperation can help me get through these performances. But I'm willing to try and beat y/n, which I know I will." Tom smiled at y/n, who scoffed and brought the microphone to her lips.

"Oh, Holland, I am prepared to bring you down. You will definitely regret coming up against me. You will go down."

The audience roared with laughter as the banter went on for a couple seconds before Tom was introduced for his first performance.

He quickly went behind the scenes and removed his jacket, revealing a sleeveless shirt and a gold chain necklace, a smile on his face.

His lip sync battle started out really well, lot's of energy was displayed as he moved around, the mic to his lips as he lip synced his way across the stage. His performance ended a little quick, as the host thanked him and welcome y/n's performance.

Sam was excited to see what she had practiced. She picked the song "24k Magic" by Bruno Mars, as the whole staged was transformed and she did her choreography.

Even Harrison was surprised, as he watched the young actress move gracefully across the stage, mouthing the lyrics and morphing her face into various expressions.

Her performance ended and Tom was next again.

Sam was still stunned by her performance that he didn't pay as much attention to his brother's performance, and as quickly as it began, it was over and it was Y/n's turn.

The stage lights seemed to turn off as they brought in a couple different set pieces before she appeared, now changed into a completely different outfit.

She was wearing a light pink dress and black heels, her hair pulled up in a ponytail before the music started. And Sam was speechless.

The familiar notes of "Another Day of Sun" from La La Land played through the auditorium, as Sam watched her dance and move her body gracefully between the choreographers on stage.

And when the lyrics began, it wasn't the usual actress singing from the movie.

It was her singing.

"I think about that day,
I left him at Greyhound station
West of Santa Fe.
We were seventeen, but he was sweet and it was true.
Still I did what I had to do
Cause I just knew,"

Her body moved, as one of the choreographers extended his hand out to her, as she smiled before letting go, and he disappeared into the other dancers. She kept moving, her heels only showing how graceful she was on stage.

Her feet semed to move in front of the other, as she swayed and skipped, her feet sometimes cutting into other movements before she kept singing.

"Summer: Sunday nights
We'd sink into our seats
Right as they dimmed out all the lights
A technicolor world made out of music and machine
It called me to be on that screen
And live inside each scene."

She kept dancing, as the choreographers took her lead and followed her steps, replicating and imitating her as they kept going, the song playing for a couple more seconds until it ended, and everyone in the audience cheered for the actress, as the host and Tom were surprised.

"You didn't lip sync that one, did you?" Her response was immediate, as she shook her head, out of breath.

"I've got to say, that was amazing. Probably better than my performance, not gonna lie." Tom complimented her as she tried to catch her breath, looking at him and smiling.

"Yeah, that was definitely different. Did not expect that to come from this stage. That was truly a difficult performance and it seems like it was a lot of fun."

"It definitely was. I honestly surprised myself but, overall, I think we both did a really good job. Don't underestimate yourself, Tom. You did really well."

The last few moments of the show went by fairly quickly, as Chrissy came down from her podium with the "winner's belt", as they announced the winner, which was no one other than Y/n.

Everyone was surprised, especially since her last performance she didn't lip sync, but Sam was ecstatic. Maybe after the show he would finally tell her.

Harrison and Sam were backstage now, as they headed to where Tom and Y/n were, as the belt was loosely on her hips, her hands holding it up before Tom unclasped it and Y/n put it over her shoulder, a smile on her face. As soon as she saw Sam and Harrison, she handed it over to Tom, who had a smile on his face. She was still wearing her heels, as she ran cautiously over to the two boys before Harrison embraced her first, his arms wrapped around her waist as he congratulated her.

As soon as he let go, she turned to Sam, her arms wrapping around his body as he hugged back, lifting her off the floor and twirling her in his arms.

"You did absolutely amazing, love."

"Thank you."

Sam put her down carefully, as she kept her arms loosely around his shoulders before she slowly started leaning in, Sam copying her movements.

Their lips seemed to melt together as they met for a passionate kiss. It wasn't rushed or needy, it was full of love. They unveiled their "secret" crush on each other out as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and he placed his hands on her hips.

They separated way too soon for both of them, but they weren't complaining.

That was the best goddamn kiss they've ever had. And the best part, was that it was with each other.