SMART AND SMARTER | peter parker

"Hey, did you guys meet the new girl?"

Michelle came up to the two boys, both standing in front of the lockers as they turned to the mysterious friend. Their faces showed signs of confusion, as Michelle just rolled her eyes before turning around and tilting her head to a girl, whom they had never seen before.

She was standing a couple lockers away, books in both her hands as she tried to balance them, all of them toppling from her hands and onto the floor.

Michelle, without a second glance, walked over to her and bent down, picking up her books and dusting off imaginary dust before handing them to her, and walking back to the pair.

"Michelle, did you just... help her?"

"So what if I did? You losers were just standing there."

"Who is she anyways?"

"Why do you care, Parker?"

"You started this, don't point it on me, Michelle."

"Fine. Her name's Y/n. She's new. From California."

The young girl was still at her locker, now with her bag open, stuffing some books inside that she might need as she took one look at the schedule in her hand, before closing her locker and walking over to the Michelle, who didn't look as surprised as the pair did.

"Hi. I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me figure out my classes."

"Sure."

Michelle, taking the paper from the girl's hands, took one look at the classes and handed it over to Peter, who was as surprised as Michelle was.

"Parker, show her around. She has the same schedule as you."

"What?"

This was not what he expected from Michelle at all.

It had been exactly 2 years since Y/n joined Midtown. She now held the title of the biggest nerd in school, as it had been clear, months into her classes, that she was really smart.

And if you didn't know what really smart looked like, picture a person who is smarter than Peter Parker.

Yes, Y/n Y/L/N was smarter than Peter Parker.

Not only was she in all of his classes, but she was also in the Academic Decathlon. She knew all of the answers she was asked and Liz seemed to really like her.

She blended in well with Liz and Michelle, despite being overly smart.

She was perfect.

And Peter was jealous.

He had never met someone who was smarter than him and was in the Decathlon as well.

Ned didn't call it jealousy. He called it 'being smitten.'

Peter didn't believe him. Yet, his stolen glances and little frowns he made gave it away that he was, indeed, in love with the girl who was smarter than him.

And he realized this, when she managed to win the Decathlon in DC. When he was out saving the world as Spider-Man.

"Peter, you missed it! Y/n killed it at the Decathlon! She managed to win for us!"

Peter scoffed, covering it with a smile as he congratulated the girl who was standing with a smile on her face, as Liz boasted about the competition, how her rival wouldn't have answered the question right, even if he was paid a million dollars.

"That sounds awesome. I'm really pissed that I missed it."

"Yeah, you messed up big time, Parker." Michelle came up to them, as she wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulders before turning to a blushing Peter.

"I-I'm sorry. I was stuck doing.. something."

"Yeah, you always seem to miss everything. What is going on with you, Peter?"

"Nothing! I-it's nothing, Liz. I promise."

Michelle and Liz walked away, as Y/n stayed standing, studying Peter with her gaze.

"Cut it out."

"What?"

"Stop staring at me."

"I'm not. I'm admiring true beauty."

Her cheeks turned a bright crimson as she realized what she had said.

"I-I mean.. I didn't mean.."

Peter smiled, realizing he had just found a way to render the girl completely speechless.

"You're so cute when you're blushing."

This only seemed to turn her cheeks a brighter red as she looked down and avoided Peter's gaze, who only reached up and brought her chin up, to look at him.

"Would you go out with me?"

The blush disappeared from her cheeks and instead, traveled over to Peter's cheeks, as his started turning a bright pink.

"I would love to."

Their adoration for one another was cut short when Michelle appeared out of nowhere and smiled at the pair.

"Finally. The two nerds are together."

"Shut up, MJ."