PROMPT 21, 22, 35 | sam holland

PROMPT #21: "Thanks for nothing."
PROMPT #22: "Don't call this number again."
PROMPT #35: "About the baby... it's yours."

Sam Holland was in love. That was one thing he definitely couldn't deny.

His twin knew. His mother and father knew. Tom knew. Tessa knew. Even Paddy was aware of his love.

The freckled boy was utterly and completely in love with the girl next door. Ever since he met her (2 years ago) he fell head over heels in love with her.

He just couldn't help himself. Every time his mother invited their family over to dinner, he was transfixed on her beauty. And for some reason, she never caught on. Not even when Tom asked her about Sam.

"I think he's cute. He's really nice to me, ever since I moved in. Why do you ask?'

This seemed to make Sam disappointed. His family knew how much he loved you. And he wanted her to know. So he decided to ask her to prom, on their last year of high school.

He made his sign intricate, even had his twin brother and older brother help him out, as he planned every small detail, never forgetting anything and trying to sort everything out before the big day.

And when that day finally came, he walked into school, confidence in his every step. And there she was.

He had left her a note a day before in her locker, as she looked at the note, read it and smiled to herself.

It had said to meet during their free period (which they actually shared together) and she did. She walked to the library entrance, where Sam was waiting, his brothers with him.

As soon as she was in their line of sight, Tom and Harry pulled back the big sign, as Sam pulled out a big boquet of flowers from behind his back.

They locked eyes, y/n smiling as she nodded, accepting the invitation to prom, and to saying yes to being his girlfriend.

His brothers realized her expression, as they exchanged knowing looks before smiling at his brother.

Prom rolled around and Sam walked up to y/n's door, a limo waiting as he knocked and she answered, ready to go.

Her corsage on her wrist, and their outfits matching, as they walked inside the school, talking with each other and exchanging a few laughs.

And when they finally had a slow song, it seemed like time stopped, as they were transfixed on each other. He took his body in his arms, slow dancing with her.

It was the fairytale they had dreamed of.

5 years went by afterwards, and they were still together.

Until, everything crashed.

Sam had gone to the club with his two older brothers, having a little too much to drink and accidentally having a one night stand, cheating on his girlfriend.

It was the next morning, that they broke up.

"Thanks for nothing." Was the only thing Sam heard from her lips as she left their shared apartment, suitcase rolling behind her before the door closed, sealing their fate.

And the day that Sam had become crushed.

He didn't eat or do anything the first few weeks. If he did eat, it was a little bit, but not enough. His brothers tried to help him, but nothing worked, and he was broken.

Her tried calling her, in the beginning, begging her to forgive him, that it was a mistake and it would never happen again. Yet, he got the same response every time.

"Don't call this number again."

The worst part, was 3 years later, when Sam had been walking with his brothers around the supermarket, getting some groceries for their new place in Montreal. Since Tom was filming for Chaos Walking, he brought along Sam, Harry and Harrison with him and they were all staying together. Yet, Harrison had been too lazy to get up, so they decided to go get groceries the three of them.

And that's when they saw her.

She looked as beautiful as the last time Sam had seen her.

Her hair was shorter. She looked vibrant, a smile on her face as she pushed around a cart.

And that's when they saw what she was laughing at.

A baby.

There was a baby sitting in the cart, a smile on it's face as the cart was pushed around, giggles escaping both their lips.

The baby had various freckles on it's face, as they saw little things about the baby. It's brown eyes, curly brown hair and freckles.

An exact replica of Sam Holland.

As soon as y/n and Sam made eye contact, her eyes widened, before she walked back into the freezer section, disappearing from their sight.

"Sam! What are you doing? Go get her and talk to her!"

Without another word, Sam took off, running in the direction of his ex as he saw her, standing next to the cart, grabbing the baby in her arms and embracing it.

"Y/n."

She turned, a small smile on her face as she saw him.

"Hi Sam."

"Hi."

There was awkward silence between them as y/n put her baby back into the cart before turning to Sam.

"How are you?"

"I miss you." Sam blurted, y/n's eyes widening before she sadly smiled.

"I do too. But you hurt me, Sam."

"I know, and I'm so sorry. I never meant for that to happen, I just, I wasn't thinking straight and I know I fucked up but I want you back. Please, just give me another chance."

"But what if you do that again? Do I have to give you multiple chances? I don't want to be hurt again."

"You wont. I promise."

Y/n turned back to her baby, a small smile on her face as she stroked her baby's hair and turned back to Sam.

"I know you want to know."

She motioned to the baby before Sam sighed and nodded.

"About the baby... it's yours."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Remember our last anniversary?"

Sam nodded, remembering the aftermaths of the anniversary as he realized what had happened.

"What's her name?"

"Amelie."

"That's beautiful."

"Just like her father."

Sam locked eye sight with her as she sadly smiled before nodding, "Okay, I'll give you another chance. But don't ruin it, Holland."

"I wouldn't dream of it."