PHOTOGRAPH (p1) | peter parker

loving can hurt.
loving can hurt sometimes.
and it's the only thing that I know.

Peter was broken. He hasn't seen you in a year after you had moved to Los Angeles for a job opportunity. What he didn't know was that you had been secretly working with the Avengers, something he couldn't know as you were forced to lie to your best friend.

You didn't want to leave him. You loved him, not only as a friend, but as more.

And it pained you when you left him, his brown eyes pleading you not to as you left him with a last hug and walked to the terminal, where you boarded the plane, and left.

Some nights you wished you could have brought him with you, and some nights you wished you could have been honest and told him the truth. But both of those were fantasies, as you faced the reality that you were gone and wouldn't see him.

when it gets hard
you know it can get hard sometimes
it is the only thing that makes us feel alive

Even though Peter felt heartbreak and sadness, he knew he had to feel this way. He knew if he felt something that he was still human and he was still alive. It hurt, but he had to get through it, for you. After you had helped him get rid of his bullies, you made him promised you that he would always be strong, no matter what. No matter what the situation, he had to be strong. For you.

we keep this love in a photograph
we made these memories for ourselves
where our eyes are never closing
hearts are never broken
time forever frozen still

Peter looked at his wall, strings connected into a big P as he saw the little polaroids hung up. Each of the polaroids were from a different memory, a different moment and a different time. Different people adorned them.

He had a couple with Aunt May, their last trip to Disney World, going to the Empire State Building, eating their first New York hot dog after their drive to Queens from Florida.

Another bunch with Ned. He smiled as he remembered when they were a close pair, always doing things together, always going out together and keeping each other company.

Three or four adorned the edges as he looked closer, seeing Michelle's messy hair popping out as he chuckled to himself, remembering the few times she let him take pictures with her. He had begged her, and she obliged... sometimes.

And he had more than 50, of him and y/n. A lot of his favorite moments were spent by your side as he relished all the laughs you two shared, all the memories, the countless hours of talking about Star Wars to having study time in the library, only to be cut off when you fell asleep on his shoulder.

He sighed sadly, plucking a Polaroid in his fingers as he examined it. His brown eyes moving over every small detail. His smile, his eyes, and then, your smile, your eyes, your hair, who you could tell that you were mis laugh in the picture, looking straight at Peter with an expression he didn't recognize at the moment, but now he did.

She was looking at him with love.

And it broke her heart that he just noticed it now.

so you can keep me
inside the pocket of your
ripped jeans
holding me close
until our eyes meet
you will never be alone
wait for me to come home

It seemed like months went by, as one year turned into two, then three and then four. He had started to loose hope that she would come back to him, come back to Queens and to Midtown High.

But still, there was a small spark in him left, still hoping that she would come back. That she would be back.

After seeing the picture he had grown to love, he started keeping it inside his pocket jeans. It was snug safely, as he pulled it out whenever he was feeling sad or lonely. As a reminder that there was still hope, and that he shouldn't give up too soon.

Everyone told him she wouldn't come back. That she had grown tired of Queens, tired of Peter and tired of her life and decided to move on and have a fresh start.

But he ignore them, knowing full well that you weren't that type of person.

And he would wait.

Wait for as long as it took for you to come home.

Because that's how much he loved you.