FLUENT | peter parker

"Is y/n wearing a new top?"

"No, we've seen that before. But never with that skirt."

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy though."

"Yeah."

Peter had his hand on his palm, looking straight at the girl of his dreams.

She was perfect to him. Her hair always looked perfect, not a strand out of place. Her eyes always seemed to be the kindest he's ever looked at. Her lips were always pulled back in a smile, and whenever they weren't, they were resting on the tip of her pencil, as she studied for a test. Everything about her was beautiful. What Peter fell in love with the most, was the ability she had to speak two languages fluently. He hasn't even known, until one day when he accidentally tripped over his two feet and bumped into you, dropping your books all over the floor.

"No manches. Acabo de acomodar todos mis papeles en mi folder y ahora tengo que volver a organizarlos."

"What?"

"Uh? Oh, sorry. I was just.. talking to myself. It's weird, I know."

"No, no! I-uh-I do it all the time. Shit, I mean, sorry."

And she laughed, her hand brushing back to put a strand of hair behind her ear, a smile on her lips as she looked at his brown eyes.

"So you're bilingual?"

"Since I was a little girl."

"That's awesome."

"Thanks."

Their conversation would have looked awkward from any other point of view, but to them, it was perfect. They were in sync and they mixed well together. After that, Peter couldn't take his eyes off her, whenever he saw her in the halls, in the cafeteria, in class, at the coffee shop, at the mall or in his apartment complex.

It had surprised him too, when he first saw you there after the incident earlier in the day. But to say he was excited was an understatement. Peter couldn't believe he was neighbors with his crush. It was like a dream come true. And thanks to his random burst of confidence, he had asked you for your number. And, to his luck, you had given it to him. The day just couldn't get any better for Peter.

"Peter?"

He jumped back slightly as he zoned back, his eyes landing on another pair, as he saw her.

She was there, in front of him, looking at him! He couldn't believe it.

"What can't you believe?"

"Shit, did I say that out loud? Sorry."

"It's okay, Parker. So, what are you doing tonight?"

"Uh, homework.."

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that because I saw you finishing it earlier in the library."

Peter rubbed the back of his beck nervously, knowing he had been caught in his own web of lies.

"Well, if you're not busy, come over to my apartment. I'm gonna be baking brownies and I know how much you love sweets."

"Okay! What time?"

"7pm.""I'll be there."

"Great! My key will be under the mat. I'll see you then, Peter Parker."

"B-bye."

You walked off, a smile on your lips as you headed to your fifth period, knowing full well you had two more classes before your night in with Peter. You were excited. Maybe this would be the night you confessed your feelings to him.Or maybe he'll do it.