Chapter 30

People were arriving I was so damm nervous I was like a teenager going on his first date everything was set up perfectly it didn't even look like I had put this together in less than 9 hours thank God for great people... DJ and Troy was there Troy gave me the pep talk now don't be nervous have you thought about what you're going to say. Yes I have are you ready for this Yes I am, good because you got this. Man I can't thank you enough for yall's help, hey ME's special just don't make  me come and kick your ass cause I will sponsorship or no sponsorship, I hear ya. (gave each other the manly soul shake and was now ready)  My Granmy walked in so beautiful a place for her right in front I needed to see her face because she was the first to know she was my Dream. You ready Mikey Yes I'm ready I'm so proud of you, she's a special woman keep God first, always make her laugh and know that you must love her the way you love God and what he's brought together no man can take under. Thanks Granmy... 

Everyone else started to arrive Mom and Dad came in and dad did not look happy to there. Micheal what's the meaning of this last minute invite what the hell is going on . Dad you'll know in do time until then enjoy the food, the booze and the music, hello mom you look beautiful , thank you son.. Mom may I see you for a moment sure. Mom I can't leave you in the dark, I'm proposing tonight to who Lisa?!!!! My Mom 's eyes got big as deer lights No, Oh thank God, Mom!! son I just never looked at her as your type but I try to stay out of your affairs you are a grown man, then who? if not Lisa?  Mennettha Ellis, that lovely girl that we are sponsering yes Mom I'm in love with her I could tell when she spoke at the presentation and at the party the way you kept looking at her. You may have thought I didn't notice but I did. Mom why didn't you say anything?  Because son it isn't my place to tell you who to love it's just my prayer that you find the right one to give your love too. I knew that when God sent you the right woman he would reveal her too you and you'll know it. Thank you Mom so I have your Blessing you sure do go get her son. Mom it's one more thing she knows nothing about this she thinks we are just meeting at the restaruant for dinner and dancing. This is so romantic... It was now almost 7:30pm time was ticking and the moment of truth was about to unfold will  this woman take me as her one and only... 

Anastasia and Duke met in the car both talking about their parent to each other. The spouses met and Duke spoke of how he always wanted a sibling but after his father died his mother never spoke of having anymore children. Anastaia expressed that her is her King and explained that it wasn't a love story between he and her mother but she had an amazing upbringing and that her dad is loving and caring and admitted that for him to use the L word your mother has him wrapped up and tied up..  They all laugh and hit if off perfectly as they left to meet their parents.  The car arrived and all went into the lounge Anastasia seen her grandparets and her Great Gran.. OMG he got you here yes I'm so happy for Pop he must really love this woman look at this place I've never seen it so beautiful. She is a beautiful person I look forward to you meeting her. Hi daddy she ran toward him and gave her the biggest hug and kiss hey baby girl, Mark how are you good sir and yourself nervous they all laugh, Baby Girl can I talk to you and can you help me find Duke yes dad he is going to be an awesome brother really, really I always wanted a sibling and now I'm aboutto get a brother we talked the whole time now just in case you don't know he's married to a man. Oh I know baby girl good they are both great !!! and so stylish and down to earth.... Can you get him and both of you meet me in the office sure dad. about 5 minutes later they both walked in, Duke this is my father Micheal Higgins, Dad this is Duke Ellis.. Hello very nice to meet you, I'm sorry to say I havent heard a lot about you from my mother directly but I think indirectly I have. Well I've heard a lot about you and she's so proud of you. When she speaks of you she glows. My Mom is an Amazing mother and she's taught me so much and has given me all the unconditional love a child could ask for from their parent. Well sir I would like to properly ask your permission to ask for your mother's hand in marriage and if she accepts this proposal then I promise to love her all the days of my life. Mr, Higgins , Micheal please, Micheal I have one question to ask you and I need you to look at me when you answer this question. Why do you choose my mother? Son I did not choose your mother God chose her for me. I know that I've waited 54 years just for her. She makes me a better person and a better man. She makes me want to be better in everyway. I love her spirit her unconditonal dedication to others, I love her style, her smile her voice I simply respect admire and love everything about your Mother and all she brings out in me when I'm with her all I want to do is give her the joy that she's given so many other people. With that answer sir and what I see in your eyes I give you both my blessing.  Thank you.