Chapter 20

It was 11:45am I decided to go ahead and head on out. I was nervous about seeing Kirk again I didn't want things to be awkward with us. He's a really special guy. Traffic was crazy but I made it there around a little after 12, I called Kirk he walked to the front of TGIF damn you're still fine,hey you he hugged me so tight. I missed you ME I missed you too come on I have our table. He was sitting at our table the table we deemed as ours, we even carved our names underneath. I guess one night we wanted to act like teenagers. How were you able to get our table ? Just a little persuading... The waitress came over what can I get you to drink a sweet tea please for the lady and a root beer for the gentleman we laugh sure and are you ready to order? Can you give us a little bit ,sure I'll bring your drinks right over.

The waitress came back with our drinks pretty fast I missed ME so much she's always been my heart and she looked so beautiful I didn't realize to now how much I really missed her in my life.So how is everything in NY small talk for what I really wanted to ask why the hell didn't you come back for me or call? But I didn't  ask that of course . Everything is great in NY I'm now VP of Operations I have over 2000 employees to oversee well it's work . When my wife died huh? What!!! died ? omg Kirk died!!! I'm so sorry what happened? She died in a car accident 3 years ago. Kirk my God I'm sorry how are you? I mean I wish I knew I would have I mean ... Its ok ME I know what you mean thank you. It was hard getting back in the swing of things I poured myself into work and damn near dranked myself to death I started remembering all of those nights we spent just talking about life the deaths of your mother and brother life in general and remembering those conversations helped me through, you know we would have some deep conversations,  I remember our talks  lasted for hours.  That's one of the many things I valued and missed about us those talks. ( I smiled and drinked some of my tea.)  How's Duke? He got married to a wonderful guy name Marcus they've been  married  Now about 4 years they are in the process of adopting children so i hope to be a MiMi soon lol MiMi yes huh ... Yes... You'll make a great one.

So what about your program it's doing great were still standing. We just got a sponsor Higgins &Higgins really  that's why I'm here huh I have meetings schedule with their company we are beginning a project together That's wonderful that's a coincidence. So ME are you seeing someone .. No not anyone serious .. Why not ? Good question I've just been really busy.. I'm glad you're not ME I never stopped loving you and the more I thought  things over the more I realized that I had 1 big regret in my life and that's not telling you how I felt and leaving you and not coming back. You don't know how many times I thought of returning. Kirk look let's talk about something else no I swore I would tell you how I felt and what I  still feel and if you weren't in a relationship I was going to try to win your heart back.. Stop playing Kirk,  look  I'm not playing I'm extending my stay for 3- or more weeks  I know it's going to take longer than 3 weeks to get back what we had but ME I want what we had back. I want my best friend back, my confidant I need us back.. I don't know what to say right now don't say anything just give us a chance. In the back of my mind I missed Kirk and us but when he got married that hurt me and I haven't   gave my heart to another since I couldn't just put my heart back out there. Even through I had waited so long to hear those words I had definitely changed..  

Kirk lets just catch up neither one of us are the same two people we were 6 years ago I want us to take the time to know the us now ..not the us 6 years ago. At least you're open of course I am you have always remained a special person in my heart. ( he held my hand and kissed it) I'm so glad...  All of a sudden I look up : ME, Hello Michael how are you I'm fine,  Great this is Kirk McMillan an old friend of my mind he's here visiting from NY.. ( they shook hands) oh excuse my rudeness this is a friend of mine Denise. Hello how are you and we all shook hands. Kirk ask them to join us sure  we love too Michael immediately said as he sat down across from me.. The waitress came back over to refresh our drinks and take their order. So I said Kirk is here to meet with your agency are you from the Reeds Corporation yes, my father was discussing with me the possible collaboration great I look forward to meeting with both of you me too.  So your company is sponsoring ME's organization..  Yes we are.. That's great she's worked so hard with her program I'm glad she finally got the backing  needed and that she deserves. It was many nights her starting out were she would struggle trying to find help in making those kids reality happen rather that be Christmas gifts or bond. She deserves a break she works way too hard.. I don't consider it too hard when I'm doing something I love ... I know you have a good heart  but I mean working 24/7 with little pay and no time for self was hard on you.. Yes but I managed...yes you did I'm just glad that's over for you That's all. I was a little pissed Kirk felt like my kids were an inconvenience he knew how important my organization and my son was too me and that it never felt like a burden or chore but it must have felt like that  to him I guess.  I managed to place a fake smile on my face and continue on with the conversation. I'll let you too get back to you lunch Kirk so nice to meet you ME great seeing you again. (Hmmm this is guy number 2 hell maybe she's not as innocent as I thought) (Why am I so angry I have a beautiful woman right in front of eyes and I'm pissed the hell off oversomething I have no business being).