Chapter 8

Major was playing on the CD which since I first heard him I've loved his music. This is why I Love You was playing and without even noticing it and yes me being nervous in the car with Micheal I begin singing . Now I'm not bragging but I have a pretty decent voice as I've been told. Micheal was listening and I hadn't even noticed he turned the music down I was so engulfed in the song.  The song ended and I looked over and he was looking at me. ME you have a great voice ahhh thank you so is singing your second career choice ahhh no I don't think so. So it's obvious you love music and you can defiantly dance. I started to blush because I recalled DJ telling me how he was starring at me at the club, but I quickly got that thought from my head. You are a strong advocate for kids and families and you like Burger King I laughed oh and you have the prettiest teeth and smile. I made sure I wasn't looking at him because I did not want to stumble over my words I knew he was just making small talk while we were in the car so I did as well... Thank you I said and I went silent. Oh I see as long as we are talking about your kids and your program you are a power house but when talking about you, you go quiet on me. Hey it's noting to talk about what you see is who I am and again I went silent.  I didn't know what to say my mouth felt glued together I felt like some damm teenager out with a boy for the first time what the Hell he's going to think something is wrong with me. 

We pulled up to Amarigo an Italian restaurant ah Mr. Higgins I thought we were going to Burger King I know Ms. Ellis (saying that in a way to remind me to call him Micheal) but I wanted a chance to really talk about your organizations and too look at your plans. I hope you like Italian sure... I still felt totally under dressed but I did give that off to him. We proceeded in the restaurant. Micheal held the door for me I felt like everyone was s tarring asking the question what the hell is he doing with her? But I knew that was my own insecurity talking. Does she know what she's doing to me what the hell is this she is not my type she's sweet and everything but she is not the kind of woman I'm used to dating. Besides she too damm nice, and I need a Bitch to hang with me. A bad Bitch at that. I have to keep my mind on business only and hopefully we can become friends at least. 

The hostess seated us immediately and was very attentive to Micheal.We was seated and a menu was given. ME what would you like to drink sweet tea please . ME this is Saturday you can have something stronger I won't think less of you(said with a smirk and this sexy smile)I don't drink, I've never drink .Oh ok so would you mine if we eat first before we get started I'm starving... sure.. (I was truly hoping we would get started so I could get home I felt so out of place and uncomfortable I was praying to God it didn't show I can't blow this deal.) The waitress returned to take our order ME what would you like may I have the Spaghetti and Meatballs please, And? And what?  Is that it? Yes that's it. I kinda felt like he was  insinuating that I should eat more because I was a big girl but I still kept focused. He ordered Veal Piccata and a glass of white wine and Tiramisu for dessert. I hope this was ok I didn't want you to think I was being overbearing no this is good are you ready to discuss the program sure. 

Mr. Higgins, excuse me Micheal our program benefits many kids and families that society wishes to wipe their hands of these kids are smart, both street smart and book smart... they are resilient,loving loyal and they need a platform and opportunity to allow them to tap into themselves to use those natural abilities. So we talked about cost per year,  my business outline, and expenditures plan. Micheal asked, ME what made you want to get into this type of work . Really it chose me. I was always cheering for the potential underdogs. I was one of those underdogs. Statically I was't suppose to graduate with my Master's Degree run my own organization raise an amazing son coming from North Nashville Hood.  It was as if being the peace maker and the chief adviser in high school for the broken and wounded was my role, so it's as if the profession chose me before I chose it. (we both laugh) wounded broken hearts really. Yes really both my brothers played football . I was a half-timer and I did play guard in the 11th grade you played what in the 11th grade football... Huh? I played football, I love football and I must admit I was pretty good at it. They allowed you to play football ..Yes they did it's noting in the rule book that stipulates that a female can't play football. I'm in the McGavock 1984 year book as a proud member of the 1984 division  champs I must add. Really! so you were a tomboy. Yes you can say that I wasn't a girly girl if that's what you mean. I was on the football team, the debate team the honor society and I was a half timer go figure. So you must have dated a lot. I had just drinked some tea when I almost spit it every where. No that's something I did not do much of in high school. I didn't go any further. So what about you did you always want to own your on business. No I was a wild child graduated from MBA. You went to MBA the all boy school, yes (it was Harpeth Hall the all girl school close)we both laugh I was a fair student but didn't really apply myself until I went to college. I majored in females all through high school and my freshman year in college. I wanted to say per the news clipping you still do but I didn't. Why did I tell her all of that I don't want her thinking I'm some freak or womanizer. This damm woman makes me nervous as hell and she's not even trying. Let me get off this topic before I put my foot in my mouth.