Chapter 12

Troy came into my office "Have you heard anything yet?" No man and I'm getting nervous. Look I know you did great and if they don't sponsor us we've survived this long we will continue to make it. Thanks Troy but I want so much for this program and for ya'll. You are a butt head most of the time but all of you deserve raises and I'm so grateful to have everyone. I know each and everyone of you could have left a long time ago I'm just thankful that you didn't. Hey in spite of the insanity here we are family and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're here for the long haul. Thanks I needed to hear that. Hey changing the subjects have you seen all the uniforms and backpacks and school supplies ME I know it had to have cost way over $10,00.00. I mean we have enough to give our kids at least 3 uniforms a piece and a backpack and some basic school supplies.   The back pack are age appropriate level backpacks for our babies, middle school and high school . He's even brought several T-10 calculators, that's a blessing to our families. I know  tried to call to thank him but he was in a meeting. So you still think that he's only doing this for the organization huh. Sure he is ME an organization that he's just heard of less than a week ago. Yes Troy ME really.. Troy really look he has a lot of girlfriends I'm not his type and he's not mine. And Why? Why what isn't you his type? Really Troy? Look at me? I'm looking at you, I've seen the women he dates and I don't fit that description.  What description? Look can we drop this conversation it's not like that ok.  Ok if you say so. I say so. Let's go organize the uniform supply room. 

The team was organizing  the Uniform supply room  we had all different sizes and colors to provide to our families it's wonderful to be able to give them choices. I begin to get teary eyed I was so full of joy and appreciation. I don't know if Mr.Higgins really realized how happy he's made so many of families. I think I'll send them flowers to show our appreciation. All in agreement say I. (Every one said I) . I went to my office to place the order and as soon as I went to pick up my phone it ranged. Hello this is Mennettha Ellis from Reach One Teach One how may I help you. Hello Ms. Ellis the exact one I wanted to talk to it was Mr. Higgins. Hello how are you? I'm fine... Well I spoke to both my parents and the board and it was an unanimous decision to sponsor your program for the 5 years. I almost dropped the phone I screamed, everyone came running in what!!! we got it we got it 5 years sponsorship OMG I'm so excited (through all the excitement I forgot  Micheal was still on the phone) Oh I am so sorry thank you thank you .. You're welcome and thank you for the uniforms was that part of the sponsorship No  that was from me. From you, yes when we were talking you were telling me how you would love to have some new uniforms and I just wanted to help out.  Thank you I really do appreciate that . Well we would like to make it official so My parents give a dinner party every year to commence their appreciation with the different partnerships they have developed. They would like you and your team to attend. We would love too, when is it?  this Saturday and it's formal ahhh really? really. Please let your parents know that we would love to attend . Micheal can my sister come? she is part of my support team sure she can come. They can invite whom ever they choose. I will make sure the invitation reads for each plus one.  Micheal thank you again. You're welcome. 

I called our team in and explained we are invited to the Higgins formal dinner party a week from Saturday to commence the new partnership with our organization you will be able to bring a guest. Charles just had to say yes free food and drinks I had to laugh it should be great . I thinking what should I wear? and who can I invite?  I did not want to show up alone I knew that Micheal and everyone on the team would be paired up with someone I didn't want to be the lonely wolf. I was thinking and I thought of Paul he's asked me out I think it's my time to return the favor. I truly hope this isn't too last minute. (Dialed Paul's Cell) " Hello may I speak to Paul Please ? This is he. Hi Paul this is ME how are you? fine thanks I was just thinking about you and trying to wait 48 hrs before I bomb rushed your phone. Of course we both laugh "yeah right Paul" I'm sure you have no problems getting anyone you wish? usually I don't,  if I can be frank but you seem to be interfering with that track record"  (I blushed)  well I have this dinner function that I am attending on this Saturday and was wondering if you would be my escort?   I know this  is short notice but I've just been made aware. Is it formal, semi? It's formal ...Let's see (he begin to laugh) yes of course I'll love to be your date. Well it looks like I'll pick you up at 8 next Saturday. Wait  I agreed to be your date I'm still a gentleman I'll pick you up at 8. Ok then Saturday it is.  Until Saturday then. It was nice talking to you ME. Goodbye