Chapter 4

Who are they from Troy asked and I must say his voice sounded a little irritated. There from Mr. Higgins thanking everyone for a Job well done last night and expressing how he's looking forward to working with us in the near future. Troy we may have just got a  sponsor.  Troy didn't look excited and I didn't know why... Troy did you hear what I said we've been hoping for sponsors for our program yeah I hear you Me... but who is he really trying to sponsor the program or impress you. Come on Troy are you serious right now?  Are you that naive? No what the hell ME he gave you 150,000.00 No he gave  this program 150,000.00 that's a big difference so get happy because you're blowing mine. Do you want to be in here when I call him to thank him for the donation and the flowers. No I think you got this one, you defiantly don't need my help. Troy walked out  (thinking out loud) Why is he trippin? I can't worry about Troy right now.. I Googled  Higgins & Higgins Construction to get the telephone number. I went to dial the number and hung up... What do I say? I don't want to sound like some school girl so I hung up got my self together and called again. 

Hello May I speak to Micheal Higgins who should I say is calling Ms. Mennettha Ellis from Reach One Teach One Program please hold. I held for about 1 min the Secretary got back on line and said that Mr. Higgins was in a meeting and could not take calls right now but will return all calls when he is done. Does he have your number? I do think he does thank you. (Why did I feel disappointed  did I expect for him to get on the phone and profess his love Girl stop I'm letting Troy get into my damn head now).  If he calls back I'll tell him thank you from the staff and if not I'll just send him a post card. I was surely hoping he called.  

10:45am I had completed the paperwork which gave us our out of pocket cost and expenditures and the remaining monies we will have variable that we must complete a budget for.  My phone ranged Hello may I speak to Ms. Ellis this is she.... please hold... Mr. Higgins, Ms. Ellis is on the line (oh it's like that he doesn't even have to dial his  on numbers must be nice).  Hello Ms. Ellis I'm sorry I missed your call earlier we were in an important meeting how can I help you. Mr. Higgins I wanted to thank you for the generous donation you don't know how much that meant to my kids and my team ...( I could hear the compassion and sincere gratitude in her voice). (It almost appeared as if she was crying). You are welcome I told you your program, kids and staff impressed me and if something impress me then I move on it. I would like to sit down with you and discuss a  possible  yearly donation arrangement given on behalf of Higgins and Higgins I was busting on the inside but I had to hold it together Mr. Higgins me and my partner Troy would love to sit down and discuss that possibility you just name the time and date.  I'll have my secretary get back with you on that date and time. Thank you so much Mr. Higgins.. look Mr. Higgins is my dad's name call me Michael well thank you Micheal. Goodbye ...(click) ahh wait Micheal dane I did not say thank you for the flowers. I knew I would have another chance I'll do it the next time we meet.         (Partner I thought what partner? )

I Googled her organization and found that both Mennettha Ellis and Troy Wade were indeed co- partners with the Reach One- Teach One Program... as I thought I couldn't help but wonder what else were they?   I wondered did she get the flowers? She didn't make mention of receiving them, maybe they hadn't been delivered I told them to deliver the flowers no later than 9am. Micheal called the florist and he assured him that the delivery time was 9am on the dot. Hmmm so why didn't she say anything is she married (I did not see any ring) does she have a man (I wouldn't know that until I asked?) I have to find out more about her. ( cell phone ranged) Mr. Higgins you are the hardest  person to catch it's Friday night how about going out for drinks and dancing with me? I was planning to go see my parents tonight Lisa. Come on Micheal it's been awhile since we hung out come hang out with me tonight. (Michael thought about it really didn't want to but he did tell her to call ) Ok Lisa what time would you like me to pick you up? around 6pm give me time to look good for you what about the Weekend is that cool sure the weekend it is, Ok 6pm it is.