One Last Problem - Part 1

Jaken's P.O.V.

Ugh. Why did Lord Sesshomaru leave me to babysit that troublesome Rin? She was always needing something, even if it was so little as food. 

Lord Sesshomaru had decided to send us away so that Rin may feed herself. It surprised me, because my lord seemed so out of it and lost in thought. Maybe it was Kanoske -- though I had grown to like the girl, she was always such trouble for my lord. I was wondering when she would decide to part ways with Lord Sesshomaru again so that we may go back to our usual travels instead of being delayed by her.

I did like riding on her shoulder, though.

"Master Jaken." Rin awoke me from my thoughts. "Do you think Lord Sesshomaru is developing feelings for Kanoske?"

"Such a silly thing to say, Rin. Lord Sesshomaru could never develop feelings for Kanoske. She is way too much like a human, and not enough like a demon. And she is way too fragile." I scoffed out. Yes, Kanoske was a full demon made up of two very powerful demons, but she could never be that close to my lord Sesshomaru.

"Well I think he has." Rin hummed while watching to river, looking for fish. "He's becoming soft on her. I didn't even ask to find food to eat when he sent us away. And you were asleep during that one time in the cave."

I jumped up and looked at her. "Did something happen between them?!" Giggles escaped from Rin's lips and shook her head.

"No, master Jaken. I asked if Lord Sesshomaru liked flowers. He asked me why I liked them too, and I said because they were beautiful." The smile on her face was practically glowing.

"So nothing happened then." I stated, crossing my arms into the sleeves of my dark brown haori. "What was the point of bringing it up?!"

She gasped and caught a fish in the river, holding it up. "After I had said that, Lord Sesshomaru's eyes went right to Kanoske as she entered the cave."

I groaned. "He merely sensed her coming. It was nothing." That couldn't have been true, because the Lord Sesshomaru know wouldn't ever view anything as beautiful if it wasn't related to killing.

"But don't you think he wouldn't have to look if he just sensed her approaching. He obviously was thinking that she was beautiful!" 

"You're dulirious Rin." 

"Nu-uh!"

"Yes you are." I coughed back, turning in her direction. I expected to see a playful face, but instead was greeted by a look of fear. Her gaze was passing mine, and I dared not look back.

"Well, well..." I heard a similar, strong toned voice chuckle. I didn't want to turn around, but I did anyway. There stood a man with dark skin and brown hair, his blue kimono roughed up and all. "So this is where her little friends ran off to eh?"

"Y-You fiend!" I turned around and found myself right in front of Rin, holding out my staff in a defensive manner.

"Ha, you think that thing will actually work on me?" He asked cockily. My blood began to boil because of the cocky bastard.

"You, I thought you died! How are you alive?" I asked loudly. 

"Heh, no need for such questions. Where is my Kansoke?"

----------

Kanoske's P.O.V. 

I froze and turned around. Something was in the wind, and it was deathly familiar. I looked over to Sesshomaru and his eyes were in the same direction as mine -- where Rin and Jaken were.