Run Away.

"Oh, and one more thing Sesshomaru."

"What?" I spit out.

"Seems that Kanoske has forgotten she has a tainted jewel in her body." He smiled a disgusting looking smile. "You might want to catch up to her before she does something she might regret."

I widened my eyes a bit and turned around once again, sprinting toward the direction that I saw the person flee when I arrived.

I would kill her if she hurt Rin.

----------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

I didn't mean any harm to her. I was just using her so Sesshomaru would kill me. I don't know how strong he his, nor what kind of power he holds, but if Naraku was scared of him then I would be able to die at his hands, right? Even if he wasn't strong, I would still allow him to take my life.

I rested my feet, as we had gotten a ways away, and stopped at the center of a forest. Rin was still knocked out, which is good. I felt guilt when it came to kids, so if she were to wake up I would feel horrible and just let her go.

I should have done that anyway, but I didn't have the guts to kill myself and Naraku would just keep me from dying by doing his bidding. I just wanted to get it done and over with without anything trying to get in the way -- and this was the quickest way to do that.

I sat down at the base of a tree and laid Rin's head on my lap. She looked so peaceful when she sleeped. Sesshomaru had some sort of connection with the girl, or he wouldn't have come for her. I smiled at the thought. She was lucky to have someone protect her. 

Back when I lived at the village, I thought that I was protected from demons all the time by the guards, only to find out that our village was feared by other demons. There really wasn't any reason for us to have guards... Though my father hired the strongest men in the village, and many of the men in the village would work their hardest. I supposed that it was only because of the pay. My father paid the men handsomely if they were to become guards.

I frowned. Father... I thought. I wondered how he was doing. It had been a full two weeks since the he had tried to kill me. I wondered if he regretted it at all, or maybe, he was happy. Maybe he didn't want an heir to his throne to be a girl. Father always said that he really wanted me to have a son, but it was probably because he didn't want me to run the village.

I felt a tear run down my face. Without knowing, I had started shedding tears. The one tear ran off of my chin and on to Rin's cheek.

"I guess this is the extent of me, right?" I laughed and asked myself softly. "Kidnapping a poor innocent girl as a suicide ransom..." My voice trailed off as a watched her slumber. She was a heavy sleeper, that was for sure.

I heard the movement of grass, but I didn't look up from Rin because I had assumed it was just a wild animal. 

"I wonder what kind of life you've lived, Rin." I asked her, knowing she wouldn't reply because she was unconscious. "Was your father scary...? Did he ever lie to you...?" I sniffled a bit, holding back tears as my eyes stung roughly. "Why would a little human girl travel with a demon...?" I closed my eyes and let the tears fall slowly, but in large amounts. I was quiet as I wiped them off of my eyes, and when I looked back at the little girl, her eyes were slightly open with her hand on her cheek where my first tear had fallen.

"I travel with Lord Sesshomaru because he makes me happy. Because he saved my life and took me in. My lord is strong and doesn't hurt anyone unless he absolutely has to, and I admire him for that. He is like my father, because I have no family. They were all killed by wolf demons and slaughtered by bandits." She shifted herself up and looked me dead in the eyes, but with a smile that wasn't serious at all.