The Beginning.

A.N. - This book was completed on April 15th, 2014 and as of March 25th, 2017 it is under editing. Things may be mixed up and seem confusing, but I am in the process of tampering with the writing to make it a bit more understandable. Chapters will still contain the same content as to keep the story in line and in check. However, the father's name is now spelled Lizhu instead of Lyzsu, and the mother's name has been changed to Atsuko. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns my email can be found on my profile. Thank you!

I do not own any content involving InuYasha aside from the words written in this book. Any characters who are stated and not canonically a part of the InuYasha franchise belong to me unless commented otherwise. The main character of this book is an original character that I created.

"You know she will have to find out eventually, Lizhu."

A cold and old voice huffed through the darkness while two pairs of feet shuffled through an iris garden. Steps were not in sync, and it seemed that agreements were not as well.

"She will not." A male voice uttered, calm but noticeably agitated. He faced forward, not taking the chance to release any proof that he was forcing to keep his calm composure in front of this old friend and woman.

The quiet dragging of her feet swathed against the dirt and rocks beneath them. It was hard for her to control how her body behaved, especially with how old she was. With each night her figure became heavy with exhaustion, and it was easier to tire out and oversleep. This night was one of the nights that the high lord of Macau-Karabeshi, Lizhu, requested her attendance for more personal things, so she was out much later than her body was use to.

"Your pride will get you nowhere," the woman hummed with a chuckle following suit. Wrinkled riddled her face, but fit perfectly together against her jowls like a completed puzzle. "I'm telling you, my lord, putting the village under such a spell to mask all demon powers will only last maybe a bit more than a decade and a half before it withers and disperses. She will have to know the truth then."

Lizhu frowned, the tips of his lips going to an unimaginable depth to elaborate his internal rage.

"Then we will renew it."

"My dear, who is to say I have that long?" Her eyes turned soft and her head tilted ever so slightly to the left. Lizhu only had to take a glance at her face before recognizing the realization that came with it. With slumped shoulders, his eyes made a line from her gaze to the pebbles embedded into the soil.

"Perhaps I will find someone else, if that is the case." There was a few seconds of silence, contemplation and mutual agreement between the two. His eyes did not leave the ground when he finally decided to speak again. "I do appreciate your assistance to me, Enya."

"Oh hush now," the woman named Enya countered with the voice that was as soft as clouds covering the midnight sky they stood beneath. "You are like a son to me, Lizhu. Besides, I would do anything to protect your darling daughter. How old is she now?"

"She is about three." Just the thought of his small infant daughter brought a smile to the dark features of this hard man's hard face. Such was an unnatural sight for the lord of a ruling village, but it couldn't be helped. He adored her to the moon.
"Such a young age. She won't remember anything regarding the village's past state after the spell is up, so you've done good to do it early." Enya paused while the gears in her head turned as to how to approach the next subject. "And of Atsuko? How are you doing with...that?"

The happy smile on Lizhu's face slowly faded to that of a somber one, his features slowly drooping, but he attempted as much as he could to keep the tips of his lips heightened.