Harboring feelings.

Author's Note: Since Kanoske isn't exactly a big part of the series, she wouldn't have been around for Mt. Hakurei or the Band of Seven. This chapter jumps around a lot, so I just wanted to put in a little bit of clarification. This chapter is based off of Episode 166-167 of Inuyasha, where Kagura goes to meet a man named Goryomaru in suspicion that he was the one hiding Naraku's heart. This will be explained later in Kagura's P.O.V. Yet, Sesshomaru doesn't have the Bakusaiga in this point of the Anime -- In this FanFiction, he has it along with his other arm. Kagura does not die yet until another chapter. I know it's confusing -- but just go along with it please. Thanks! -Euphy

Kanoske's P.O.V.

I was mad.

No.

I was furious.

I knew Sesshomaru was a cold man, but I did not know that he would take it so far as to call me a mutt

Sure, I was two canines that aren't of the same breed. Is that honestly an excuse to call someone a mutt?

Rin and Jaken noticed my distance and kept looking back at me while they followed close behind Ah and Un. I would shake my head to unadudibly tell them not to worry, but I knew that they would. Rin, more than Jaken. I mean, sure Jaken and I had gotten closer since the incident with Naraku, but he was still a hard headed annoying little imp. He was still cute though.

I knew Rin felt guilty. She felt responsible because she was the one who told me to go speak to Sesshomaru. Now there was a lack of communication even more-so than before. Rin would try to talk to me, but I wouldn't speak back. I was sure Sesshomaru noticed as well, because he would occasionally glance back at the two of us while Rin would talk and I would listen.

I also knew that Sesshomaru was aware of my wrath. From what I understood and what Tsuyoki told me, dog and wolf demons could smell certain emotions emanating off of beings. 

For some reason, we had back tracked from where we were before. Usually we would be heading where Sesshomaru thought Naraku would be, but for some reason there was no feel of demonic aura being released that felt like Naraku's at all. Instead, it was actually peaceful.

There was a river upon hills in the forest that we had begun to walk beside. The river followed the hills, thus creating small waterfalls. Rin was lightly humming, and Sesshomaru for some reason found his way behind Ah-Un and in front of me. I was sure it was only coincidental. I knew he didn't care to be around me.

He stopped in front of me, and I almost ran into his back had I not stopped just a second before I did. Sesshomaru turned his gaze over to the sky, watching intently as if waiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, something fell from the sky and into the river. As it surfaced, it was a woman with her hair up and with red eyes. Her shirt was pulled down and there was a gaping hole in her chest. I gasped.

It was Kagura. 

"M-My lord. It's that woman." Jaken studdered. "What shall we do?"

"Just leave her." Sesshomaru replied bluntly. I blinked and watched as Sesshomaru just strolled away, leaving Rin, Jaken and I to stare at the woman. Rin was the one to make the first move.

She jumped in the river and tried to grab at Kagura, falling into the water and flailing around as she tried to fight the current. I heard Jaken sigh and grumble about how she was useless and such a fool as he went in after her, holding out his staff but effortlessly falling into the water as well.

"Someone save us!" They both shouted. Sesshomaru stopped but I just sighed and went in after them. I put Jaken on his usual spot on my shoulder, Rin under my left arm and Kagura under my right. She was shirtless, so it felt a bit awkward, but I didn't let it affect me as I jumped out of the river's current and into the grass next to it.