Love Not Returned.

"Lord Sesshomaru. Might I asked what happened?" He proposed. I simply nodded and explained to him that she was lured away from our campsite by the aroma of flowers, and that the Flower Prince had scooped her up with his vines to make a meal out of her sorrow. I explained in detail how he said that he could not find any desire for anything in Kanoske's heart. He listened intently.

"So, you do not wish to wed her?" Her father asked. I let out a breath of air softly and turned around to walk away. 

"Lord Sesshomaru?"

"I already have."

---------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

Three months have passed since I'd been dropped off at the village by Sesshomaru. Was he that willing to get rid of me? I understood I was a problem in battle, but he even said he was keeping me around for Jaken and Rin... So why would he decide to bring me back?

I had told him that maybe I should have came home -- I wondered if that was what made him make his final decision to bring me there. A part of me was glad -- because I was always afraid Sesshomaru would become frustrated with me and decide to kill me... but a part of me was sad. Sad because I wanted to stay around him and learn more about the real world on the other side of these gates -- sad because I was lonely and Rin was the closest I was to home while I was away from home.

Throughout the three months, my father and I had slight bickerments, but he would decide to back out of them and walk away. Maybe it was because the first time things ever truly got heated between us, he transformed. It didn't scare me much if he did -- I knew Tsuyoki would protect me, because he was always there. 

Tsuyoki had always been a really close friend since I was practically born, even though he's several years older than me -- he stopped aging at about nineteen years old. So we looked the same age just about. Tsuyoki  made it a habit to stay by my side and watch over me when he wasn't with the army training them. I didn't know why he wanted to stay so close, but my guess was because he knew all about the Flower Prince and how he looked in my heart... He knew all about how I used to long for death.

A couple days after I came home, I had asked Tsuyoki to train me in the ways of battle so I knew how to defend myself. My father objected several times and said that there was no need, because I wasn't ever going to go into battle ever again. I kept begging though, just so I could at least have the experience and if there was an emergency I could defend myself. My father gave in soon enough and Tsuyoki and I made it a habit to meet in the Training grounds behind the castle every day at sun-down.

Around the three month mark, Tsuyoki had asked me to battle him -- and I shyly refused. I believed I wasn't ready to fight someone as strong as him, but he kept budging and I gave in.

Tsuyoki taught me several things, such as wearing a different kimono for battle so that I could move around more comfortably. I changed my kimono bottoms after that to something a bit looser -- a short kimono skirt that was wrapped over a longer kimono skirt, which didn't cover the front of my legs, just the sides. I kept the same kimono colors though -- pale pink and green were always my favorite colors. 

Tsuyoki also taught me how to jump high and ricochet (hop or rebound) off of surfaces so that I could have an advantage if the opponent wasn't aeriel. He told me that comfortable shoes were necessary, and if I couldn't manage to find comfortable battle shoes, I would have to go barefoot. I always laughed at that though,  because for the longest time when we were growing up Tsuyoki went without shoes for years.

Spin kicks, uppercuts, and other physical moves were taught to me as well. Tsuyoki ended up making a a device in the training area where he would chain me up and teach me how to unleash my inner demon. Though it took several weeks, we ended up succeeding. I could control the demon and withold it within me as much as I wanted -- even to the point where if I never wanted to let it out again, I didn't have to.