Confusion.

"I am to bring her to Naraku. So that you may come, and he may destroy you." Her eyes went blank before she continued, "only then will my life be ended."

"How about I end it for you..." I pulled out Tokijin, opposite of what I pulled out the first time we met, when I held Tenseiga to her throat.

"Master Naraku said I was to live," She said, sounding sad. I didn't understand this girl, nor did I really want to. All I knew is that she was NOT getting Rin, and if I absolutely needed to -- I would kill her. 

Her eyes were begging that I did.

--------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

>>before the battle

"Take this," Naraku said as he handed me something that glittered. To my surprise, it was a shard of the Shikon Jewel. But something was different about it... Instead of glowing a pure colored purple, it radiated blackness. This frightened me as he came up and put it on the back of my neck. I felt a seering pain and screamed, holding where the pain was coming from as my eyes stung.

All of a sudden, everything grew dark, and I no longer had control of my body. All I could do is see -- and what I saw was Naraku smirking.

>>Present

I watched as Sesshomaru told Rin and Jaken to flee... Little did he know, Naraku had seen that coming and ordered Kagura to wait at a distance, far enough to where Sesshomaru couldn't sniff her out.

Sesshomaru unsheathed his sword and stared hard at me, waiting for me to move. I hadn't decided to do anything -- well... not like I could. All I could do is watch.

Whatever was controling me took a step forward as they casually had a conversation about my wanting to die. He offered, and a part of me only wished he would take me up on it. I'm sure he could see it in my eyes...

"Tokijin," I heard him say. A flash of blue light projected toward me, and I jumped out of the way. He seemed to expect this, as he quickly flashed and appeared in front of me. I squinted up at him as he held his arm over his head. As he went to swing his sword, whatever was controlling me had me step over and behind him.

He probably hadn't expected it, but the next thing I knew my eyes were glowing red and my talons were stretched out. It was so easy for whatever was controling me to transform, even without my anger boiling.

I turned to look back at him, his sword at his side. Even when I was being controlled, I still feared his gaze. It was terrifying. I tried my best to avoid it, but I just wasn't in control.

All of a sudden, I couldn't move. Just staring at him and the fear it had in me, whatever had been controling me wasn't able to move.

He moved closer, his sword pointed towards me as it collided with my shoulder, piercing me to a tree.

------

Jaken's P.O.V.

How troublesome! That wench had come to challenge Lord Sesshomaru again, and here Rin and I are in the sky with Ah-Uh. Fury raged within me. I should have been able to help my lord in battle!

"Master Jaken, are you alright?" Rin asked me. 

"Of course I'm not alright! That wench is lucky that I had the right mind to leave with you rather than beating her to a bloody pulp!" I replied. I heard Rin giggle and look back in the direction that M'lord and that awful woman were.

"Do you think Lord Sesshomaru is alright?"

"What a silly question, Rin!" I scowled. "My Lord is the Lord of the West and the strongest demon alive! A measley woman won't be able to defeat him!"

"That lady was pretty." Rin bluntly stated. I groaned and she looked at me quizzically.

"What? She was! Do you think Lord Sesshomaru noticed?"

"That wretched wench should have no eyes on her, for she should be dead and in the ground!" I yelled.

"What's all this commotion about?" I heard a woman's voice say. I turned around to see a woman with bright red eyes and her hair pulled up into a bun/ponytail. It was Kagura.

"Kagura! You foul woman, leave at once!" I screamed, Rin making her way behind me on Ah-Uh, whom was trying to escape.

"Hmph, insolent imp, I'm here to take the girl."

"So that other woman was just a distraction?" Rin frantically asked.

Kagura lifted her fan and Ah-Uh and I suddenly went flying, Rin nowhere to be found.

ohhh... Lord Sesshomaru is going to have my head.

--------

Sesshomaru's P.O.V.

The girl had suddenly stopped trying to attack me. I narrowed my eyes and watched her closely. I found out that she more than likely didn't have control over her body, so it wasn't exactly her doing all the fighting. Her voice was obviously different, so I assumed that it was Naraku. Her eyes were foggy and didn't seem to have any conscience.

I removed my blade from her shoulder and kept my eyes on her. She seemed different than what she was. I saw so pain in her face as the blood spilt from her shoulder. All she did was shake her head,  then the woman began to turn around and walk away, leaving me with a look of hard confusion on my face. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

She stopped and turned her head to the side to look back at me, a grin on her face. Only then did I realize that, maybe... she wasn't alone.

I looked back in the direction that Rin and Jaken had ridden Ah-Un on, tensing my shoulders.

"You..." I turned my head, but she was gone. I had fell for their trap.

---------

Naraku's P.O.V.

Finally, I had the little girl in my posession... and it was all thanks to Kanoske distracting Sesshomaru and allowing Kagura the chance to grab her. I would be sure to repay her handsomely for her performance.

As I thought about her, the woman made her way into my chambers and sat on her knees, watching me.

"Naraku?"

"Hmm?"

"How long will it be?" She said, her voice weak.

"Until Sesshomaru gets here," I glanced back at her and frowned as she laid her hand on her injured shoulder. "Are you really that willing to die?"

"Yes..." She said in a weak tone, looking down.

"Why?"

Hesitating to look up at me, she sighed. "My whole life has been a lie... Everything. I thought my family and all my villagers in my village were human, yet somehow I went my entire life being told that my mother was kiilled  by demons, only to find out that my mother was a demon herself..." She paused and turned her head. I think she started sniffling but I wasn't quite sure. "I grew up hating demons, only to be almost killed by my father who finally told me I was a mutt..."

"Hardly," I whispered accidentally, actually shocking myself in the process. She looked at me frightened and confused. That made me beyond angry. Why had I said that.

"You need to leave." I let out. She nodded, got up, and walked out of my chambers shutting the door behind her.

I stood myself up and held the almost completed jewel in my hand. I just needed a few more. One of them was lodged into the back of Kanoske's neck, but that was only because I wanted her to do my bidding without hesitation. And it seemed to be working. So far while I watched in Kanna's mirror as she battled Sesshomaru, she hadn't done anything out of the ordinary.

I found myself smiling grimly, then slowly frowning. This girl, I felt, was becoming a neusance to my human heart. I would have to dispose of her soon.

It is what she wanted, anyway.