A Moment of Compassion.

Author's Note: Hey guys, sorry if the chapters seem so short and rushed. I've just been having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what all I should do. This chapter is gonna be based off of part of Episode 1 and the end of Episode 2 of Inuyasha: The Final Act. Beware, for this does contain spoilers if you haven't watched it. I'm also thinking about starting a Naraku based story -- but I'll figure that out once I'm completely finished with this one. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy! Thank you for your support!

P.S. Goryomaru, who had previously been in the chapter Harboring Feelings will be in this chapter as well. If you don't remember him, just go ahead and go back to read that and you should be fine.

P.S.S. In the Anime, Sesshomaru doesn't have Bakusaiga yet -- but in this story he does. Just bare with me.

---------

Kagura's P.O.V.

The moon shined bright upon this death-forsaken castle of Naraku's. I wanted nothing more than to desperately flee upon the wind to escape his grasp, but I could not -- for he held my heart in his hands. Oh, that damn Naraku, the one I despise the most in this world for keeping me free from my destiny -- to fly with the wind.

I had been the one stuck babysitting the good for nothing sleaze ball Goryomaru, who Naraku had captured. I was sure that Naraku had a plan for this man -- one that wouldn't end well for anyone in the long run.

Goryomaru was locked up in our largest cells, so either Naraku wanted to use him or he wanted to absorb him. But as the man with the short black hair sat behind the cell, he said nothing. He merely sat there in silence, staring at the floor.

Naraku would choose random times to summon demons and feed them to the demon arm that rested on Goryomaru's shoulder, and then was that time. A purple flash of miasma appeared and demons released themselves from it, flailing toward Goryomaru desperately. Goryomaru stood up and braced himself.

The demon Ore on his shoulder opened up to reveal a sphere of light, blasting it towards the demons and splitting each and every one of them into tiny pieces of flesh. Goryomaru then released strings of tentacles towards the demons and brought them into the sphere that lie inside the demon arm. He was consuming them.

"Hey, Goryomaru..." I started. "What exactly are you? And why has Naraku imprisoned you in here?" I hadn't known myself. Naraku didn't exactly trust me enough to tell me anything that he was planning. I was merely a pawn in his game of chess.

"If you truly wish to know the answers to your questions, then release him." I heard a young voice call out. I turned around, thinking that no one was even near me. But there stood a small child with long, pale purple hair with a white haori and hakama. "Hakudoushi..." I let out.

"Heh, you're too afraid of Naraku to even fallow through." He scoffed. That damn kid was cocky.

"Hmph, and I suppose you have no fear in betraying Naraku?" I through back.

"Enough of this." Goryomaru's voice echoed through the cave where the cell was imprisoning him. "It is time for you to make a choice Kagura. Will you die as a slave to Naraku, or will you escape with me and have your freedom?"

Hmph. That word always got me. Freedom. It was what I wanted all along -- it was all I ever truly desired.

"Freedom.." I cooed. Surely if I betrayed Naraku, he would find out, and he would kill me.

"Yes, freedom." Hakudoushi said as he stepped forward. "If you truly desire liberation from Naraku then you must destroy him."

I looked down at Hakudoshi, my back somewhat toward him. How could I trust him? Originally, those two came from Naraku's heart, which he removed at Mt. Hakurei... Afterwards that strange monk split the heart in two, creating Hakudoushi and the infant -- the other half.