Change of Plans.

My father slowly nodded and walked out of my chambers. It was time for bed, but I opend my screen window and stared up at the moon that floated above the cedar trees. It was a crescent moon.

I found myself frowning. Why did the crescent moon remind me so much of Sesshomaru? Why had I been thinking about him? I shook the thoughts from my head and laid down watching the moon, and I closed my eyes awaiting for tomorrow.

---------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling exhausted, but prepared. I remembered watching the moon last night and thinking of Sesshomaru. 

I wonder why he let Rin save me... I thought to myself as I got up. I could hear knocking at the door and as I turned my father was there holding a long white royal-looking kimono with several layers. I blinked and laughed nervously.

"Uh, father, let's not forget that I'm not getting married just yet..."

I saw his face soften as he nodded, a smile crossing his face. "I know my dear, but I'm just so excited for you." I heard a laugh escape his mouth as I smiled up at him. "Plus it was tradition to wear this during a ceremony such as this. I also had a white iris flower prepared to place in your hair."

I stood up and took the Kimono from him, smiling shyly as I did. He left me to dress, and I prepared myself for the pre-engagement ceremony.

---------

Sesshomaru's P.O.V.

Rin and Jaken followed behind me as we finally arrived at the village gates. The scent was degrading and disgusting, smelling of foul wolf odor. But I didn't let that faze me.

There was a group of people in front of the gate. A couple smelled of dog demons and the rest of wolves. The dog demons had silver hair, just as I did, yet they seemed so much weaker. 

As I approached the gate, the three dog demons gasped and bowed their heads slightly. I nodded and continued on. As I did, I heard one wolf demon whisper, "Is that Sesshomaru? Why could he possibly want to be here?" I just ignored them and continued on.

It was nothing more than a simple gathering between families. The canine odor was absolutely sickening. I had Rin stay close behind me so that no one would attempt to harm her.

"When will I be able to see Kanoske?" She whined. I turned my head slightly to look at her and replied, "soon." Rin nodded, and then looked forward with a dazed and surprised look on her face.

I turned my gaze to follow hers, and it came to a circular area with rocks as seats and people were gathered around. Torches lined the circle even though the sun was out a new. In the center was something I was not expecting to see. 

Kanoske stood wearing a long white kimono with a white iris flower in her hair. The layers on the kimono fell off her shoulders and was noticeably big, but she didn't seem to mind. She looked quite comfortable. Kanoske had two men at her side, one older and one looking to be at least Kanoske's age, if not just a little older. 

I recognized the obviously older looking one, and his eyes went to me and a sudden smile appeared on his face. He traveled through the crowd, dragging Kanoske and her...other to me. I could hear Rin gasp as she ran toward Kanoske, and Kanoske quickly took notice of what was going on. She bent down toward Rin and hugged her tenderly, emotion spreading acrossed her face. This left the two men confused.

Her father looked up to me and bowed his head in respect. "The great Lord Sesshomaru," he began. "How we are so honored to have you here at my daughter's pre-engagement ceremony." I nodded and took a look at the other man. 

He was tall in stature, and his hair was dark brown -- as well as his eyes. He had a cup of armor shielding his left shoulder that had red and grey designs on it, which I did admit complimented the rest of his kimono. The man just stared at me. He had no taste, nor distaste, in his gaze. I saw him look down to Kanoske, who was whispering happily to Rin.

----------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

I held Rin softly in my arms and whispered how much I missed her. Even if it had been less than a week, and I barely knew her, I felt as if I was missing a piece of myself. She was so sweet, and he helped in saving my life.

I looked up at Tsuyoki, who was smiling down at me as I hugged Rin. I do admit, he was very attractive. But Tsuyoki and I aren't meant to be in a loving way. I do love him, but more in a brotherly way than anything.

I stood and put my hand on Rin's head, still keeping my eyes on Tsuyoki.

"This is Rin."

"Hi, Rin." He smiled and waved a cute little wave, that she returned as well. He glanced a bit at me and whispered, "she's a human...? Traveling with the great dog demon?" I saw Sesshomaru's eyes narrow and I quickly shushed him. 

Suddenly, I felt my stomach tighten and I felt nervous. I was still scared of Sesshomaru, but I tried to keep my composure. It looked like he noticed too.

"Lyzsu," Sesshomaru nodded to my father. "I now see how we know each other." I blinked confused at their words. 

I saw Rin look up and me and she pulled on my hand. I shifted myself down and she flicked my nose. I laughed out a bit.

"Say, Kanoske?" Rin cooed. I saw the three men's eyes go to me, but I pretended not to notice and kept my eyes on her. "Did you ever thank Lord Sesshomaru for saving your life?"

All of a sudden, my world froze. The people around me stopped moving, and I could feel my breathing slow. What did she mean by Lord Sesshomaru saving my life? I thought Rin had cried out to Kami and asked for me to have a second chance... What was she talking about?

I looked around slowly. Maybe I was in shock? It seemed like it, until my eyes landed on Sesshomaru. He wasn't frozen. At all.

Sesshomaru just gave me a cold stare and I could feel goosebumps moving up my arms and my back. He nodded slightly, which made me flinch. Then, everything turned back to normal. 

Father and Tsuyoki looked at me confused, but I just went along with it. Slowly, but gracefully, I lifted myself up and made my way to Sesshomaru. I stopped a few steps in front of him. It was so terrifying being that close to him. I felt as if he would kill me at any moment. But I swallowed my pride and bowed my head.

"Thank you for prolonging my life, Lord Sesshomaru."

I thought I heard a 'hmph' of some sort, and I lifted my head. His eyes seemed a bit softer, and it made me feel a little sick. His demonic aura...I think that's what Jaken called it... was absolutely intimidating. I was internally choking myself.

"So, he's the one who saved your life?" Tsuyoki asked. Even though I had no memory of this, I turned around and nodded my head.

"Well then this just won't do." Tsuyoki said, shaking his head. I looked at him with a questioning expression. 

"Kanoske, in order to be protected at all cost, and to be truly happy, you much marry this man." I flinched, and I thought I saw a little bit of shock in Sesshomaru's eyes too. Rin was yelling with agreements and I just stood there.  My father stepped up to Sesshomaru and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, yes, yes. It is definitely a great idea." He huffed. "Kanoske, Sesshomaru -- it is official! You two are getting married instead of Tsuyoki and Kanoske!"