Denial.

"Quick! Call the soldiers!" Kanoske screamed as she ran through the gardens that her hands themselves created so tenderly.

"My lady!" One of the soldiers approached the frightened princess. This soldier was Captain Tsuyoki, the man her father had ordered her to marry.

"My father..." she huffed, out of breath from running so quickly away from him. "My father has been possessed by a demon!"

Eyes all around the castle gardens were on her, listening to what she was shouting. Yet, none of them seemed concerned at all.

"My lady...?" Tsuyoki lowered his voice. "Your father has always been a demon."

Kanoske didn't believe this. Her father... A demon...? Always? She shook her head in disbelief and nudged the man roughly, obviously out of anger.

"You lie!"

"But... my lady... You are also a demon... are you not?"

Kanoske was wondering where in the world all this was coming from. She had never seen her father in such a way, and he is likely on the verge of finding her as she spoke to Tsuyoki.

And she was right.

Jumping up on the top of the hut, her father sniffed her out and stared roughly at the princess, his eyes glowing blood red with anger.

"You impudent child," he screamed, "did you honestly think that you could run away from me?"

Kanoske started shaking and pointed at her father, looking over to Tsuyoki. "See...? My...my father... He's never once acted like this toward me..."

"Princess Kanoske, I assure you..." Tsuyoki started, "...That your family, along with this village, has been a tribe of demons."

"B-but... if that is so... then... why have I not been told this...?" She started backing up away from Tsuyoki, and away from her father as well. "Why are you not afraid of him...?"

"We just assumed you knew, my lady," Tsuyoki's eyes grew with concern, then turning to look at his lord on the rooftop. "We aren't afraid of him, because he never gets angry at us." He turned his gaze back to Kanoske. "Why is he angry, my lady? Why with you?"

"I...I denied marriage."

"But-"

An awful roar erupted and her father pranced down to her, taking hold of one of her wrists and digging his talons into it. "You will conceive with this man!"

"I shall not!" Kanoske screamed, roughly pulling her wrist away from her father. This caused his talons to cut upward from her wrist toward her knuckles, drawing a considerate amount of blood. "Do not touch me!" Tears started welling up in her eyes as she slowly walked backwards, longing to get away from her father and his terrifying state. Tsuyoki then put a hand on her shoulder, and Kanoske did not like that one bit. She turned her head, lifted the wrist that was cut up and smashed it right into Tsuyoki's face, quickly turning to run the opposite direction of both of them.

The castle and town may not have been big, but to Kanoske it seemed like forever before she reached the castle gates. The guards surrounding the gates watched and wondered at the condition of the princess, quickly coming to her aid.

"Princess Karabeshi!" The men called out, running toward her with great concern. She stopped in her tracks.

"Halt! Immediately!" Kanoske's voice was demanding as she held her hand against her kimono, staining it with the blood from her wrist. "I demand you!"

Her fright was beginning to be replaced with anger, which she hadn't felt at all in her life. She had always been the peaceful and calm nature that a princess should always take suit of, but for some reason, right now she was more than angry -- Kanoske was enraged.