Until Death.

Kagura took the feather from her head, and flew off with the wind. I watched as she drifted in the opposite direction. I looked down to Rin, whose face seemed sad. She nodded, and then I nodded and lifted her up on my back once again.

--------

Tsuyoki's P.O.V.

"Now, tell me where she is." The voice roughly demanded. I couldn't control myself at this point. My mentality and will were completely worn out to the point I couldn't even consider trying again. 

We were just standing there, whatever was controlling my body and I. Sesshomaru stood across from us with his sword drawn and his eyes completely plain. The little imp stood by his side with his staff in a defensive position.

"If you do not wish to tell," my warped voice muttered. "I will kill you."

"Wait!" A familiar voice cooed through the air. The woman I dearly loved landed from the sky with a child on her back, one whom I've seen before at the ceremony, and stood before me.

Kanoske. I thought. Then, the body reacted. It jerked its way past Sesshomaru, taking him and I by surprise, and right in front of Kanoske's face. Her face was not full of fear, though, as it should have been. It was full of remorse and what looked like sadness.

I could tell she knew it wasn't me, because she dropped the child and lifted her hand. What she did next had happened before, but not since a couple months. She clenched her fists and struck me in the face. I couldn't feel the pain, but whatever was controlling me didn't move an inch!

Kanoske was surprised as the demon just stood in front of her. She gritted her teeth. "Where is Tsuyoki? What have you done with him?"

"Silly girl, soon enough you and Tsuyoki will no longer be of this world." Kanoske looked mad. Actually, she looked infuriated at the sight. "You have no time to worry about such things."

"Excuse me, but you are not the one who decides my fate." Kanoske growled. I had never seen her like this before. She seemed so angry. Did she care about me that much? "Let Tsuyoki go!"

"Or what?" The warped voice laughed. "You'll kill me?"

Kanoske grew silent, and Sesshomaru just stood there and watched. He had withdrawn the sword he had out back to his hip and his eyes were cold and toward me -- well -- the demon.

"Kanoske. Why did you return?" He let out, not moving his eyes. Kanoske's gaze didn't leave me. 

"Kagura told me."

"I see."

Were their conversations always so dull? Why did she allow herself to wed such a plain man? He didn't even show any emotion to her being angry. The man just shot her occasional looks.

Kanoske took a step forward, and I mentally flinched. The demon reacted to this and placed a knife roughly to her neck. She didn't even react -- she just stood there and stared me -- the demon in control -- in the eyes. I had never seen her act so bravely before, and it honestly frightened me. It could get her killed.

I felt the smirk cross my face as I watched her stare into the eyes of this thing. "Brave one, aren't you? Tsuyoki seems to think so." Pain painted itself on Kanoske's face completely. She looked so heart broken.

"You're digusting..." She cooed out. The demon simply chuckled and raised his -- my -- hand and gripped Kanoske's shoulder roughly to the point of breaking it. She merely winced, but she did not move. Was she trying to tell me something? Kanoske looked so deep into my eyes that it felt as if she were trying to speak to me -- to call out to me.