Dead.

The jewel shard spoke once more for him. "Just coming to bring her back is all." I heard a wicked laugh that felt like he was lying. I narrowed my eyes and took one more step forward. The wind picked up suddenly as his laughter echoed through the forest.

"Watch out," he scoffed. Suddenly the trees were falling down and tentacles were heading towards us. I grabbed Rin and easily moved out of the way. 

I heard a smashing type sound that wasn't similar to the trees falling and I turned around.

"I wasn't aiming for you, Sesshomaru."

---------

Sesshomaru's P.O.V.

He had slammed one of his tentacles into the stomach of the controlled woman, who seemed no longer under his control. Her eyes were wide with shock and she was shaking. Another one of his tentacles flew passed us and went behind her, wrapping it around the tree and her neck. For some reason, the woman refused to struggle as the tip of the tentacle around her neck dug into the back of her neck and took the jewel shard.

Naraku's tentacles unwrapped the woman and unlodged themselves from her stomach. She fell down against the tree and to the floor, her eyes closing partially as blood escaped her mouth and the injury in her stomach. I heard Rin scream as she ran toward the woman and shook her softly, saying her name over and over.

"Kanoske... Kanoske please! You have to live!" Rin started crying, and it pained me to watch her be sad. "You have to find happiness! You can't..." The tears began to faster for her and she started wiping them with her kimono sleeve.

"Sesshomaru..." Naraku's voice echoed. "For people like us and the way our minds are sculpted, a woman like that to live would be quite troublesome." I frowned, but turned away from the sight. 

"Would you rather her live without being gracious of the life she has? Or would you rather her die as she wanted?"

"I could care less," I spit out. "She is of no responsibility of mine. Rin." I ordered, but she didn't move. I looked back and she held tightly against the woman's hand. 

"L-Lord S-Seshomaru..." She wept, but I kept a straight face. Such human emotions are worthless to me. Instead I walked up to her and looked down to her. 

"Why do you care so much for a woman who could have killed you?" I asked her.

She raised her voice, but not to an inappropriate level. "Because she was sad, my lord! No one deserves sadness." She began weeping harder. "Naraku just killed her because he felt soft toward her and he didn't want her. So he killed her before he felt anything else!" Rin rubbed her eyes agaian, and I looked over to the woman.. Kanoske, was it? She had been looking at Rin for a while. She was... smiling?

Kanoske moved her hand with what strength she had left over on top of Rin's. Rin flinched but looked at Kanoske with such caring eyes. "I'm fine, Rin. You've only just met me." The woman let out weakly. "There's no use worrying about a stranger, is there?"

Rin shook her head slowly, and then looked up to me and back to her. She whispered something, but I could hear it clearly.

"Believe it or not, Lord Sesshomaru did... With me." A smile spread acrossed Rin's face and the woman looked up to me as well, her eyes almost lifeless. "I'm sure that he had a good reason." She managed to laugh out. "But, I've wanted this, and I recieved it. I do apologize, Rin, for all that I've done." Kanoske began coughing, and I saw Rin's eyes turn sadder than they were.

"It's okay," Rin replied, "I know you're not bad. I don't know why you did what you did, but you're not bad."

Kanoske smiled even bigger and lifted her hand to put it on Rin's head. She was getting weaker by the minute, but I noticed that she was trying to be strong... For Rin. Why though? They had only just met. Why were the human emotions so complicated and deranged. To show affection, plus to a stranger at that, is completely inappropriate. But Rin seemed happy that she was. What was it Rin saw in this worthless being?

"Rin... Be happy that you have someone who cares about you and loves you very much." The woman choked out. Her hand fell from Rin's head, and Rin's saddness was replaced with shock. Kanoske's eyes slowly shut and her breathing stopped. Her demonic aura completely vanished and all was silent. Rin began weeping loudly beside the now dead woman.

--------

Jaken's P.O.V.

I had been searching for my lord for ages, but I just couldn't find him! Well, until I smelled him and Rin's scent, I followed it. I flew through the forest and finally jumped out of the bushes and into a small forest clearing, happiness raging into my voice as I screamed, "Lord Sesshomaru! I have found you---" But as I saw what was going on, I quieted down. There was that woman against the tree. She had obviously been dead and Rin was next to her weeping. But why? That woman aided in kidnapping little Rin, so why would she be crying.

I walked up to my lord and looked up at him quizically. He seemed deep in thought, and I dare not disturb my lord during that time. When I went to make a comment, I saw my lord grab at his Tenseiga, his eyes on the woman. I was utterly shocked! Why would my lord even consider bringing this wretch back to life?! I even questioned him myself!

"My lord! Lord Sesshomaru! You are not honestly thinking about bringing this vile and disgusting woman back to life are you?!" My voice was stern, but as always, Lord Sesshomaru said nothing. Suddenly, I heard an echoed voice throughout the forest.

"Dear Sesshomaru, will you truly revive this woman who longed so much for death?" Naraku's voice sounded enthused. He seemed to be enjoying everything that was going on. "She wanted this, you know. She kidnapped Rin for the sake of escaping the long awaited decision from me so that you would kill her sooner. So I just put her out of her misery. Would you really ruin that for her?" Naraku stated. He had killed her? I looked over to the woman and her stomach was completely smashed in, and above herhead on the tree was a faint trace of blood that seemed to be hers. 

"So you didn't kill her my lord...?" I looked up to watch his face be the same expression as always, but this time he shook his head to answer my question. He was even verbal about it too!

"No," he said. He began to unsheath the sword and it glowed bright, beginning to pulsate. "Rin, move." He commanded her. It was nice to see that the little human girl was okay. But why was she attached to this woman?

"Rin, if I may ask, why connection to this woman do you have?" She was a little shaken up, but she looked at me. She had obviously been crying a lot because her eyes were red and puffy.

"I don't." She claimed. I face palmed and was about to yell at her and scold her, but she caught me off guard with her next words: "She was lonely and unhappy. No one deserves that."

I heard Naraku as his chuckle boomed throughout the forest. My lord lifted the Tenseiga and swiped it acrossed the woman, probably hitting the goons of the undead that appeared with the chains. 

"So you decided to save her." Naraku exclaimed, "Why, Sesshomaru, you seem to have given into your soft side for the little girl."

I saw as my lord's eyes narrowed and turned around. He then began walking away. A large wind picked up and Naraku's demonic aura disappeared with it. I began walking away but was stopped by Lord Sesshomaru turning around. I turned around as well and saw Rin standing there watching the woman.

"Rin, come. Leave her be." Lord Sesshomaru said as he began to walk away. She turned with a smile on her face and followed him. Little Rin looked down at the ground and and whispered softly, but just enough so me and M'lord could hear it.

"Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru..."