Stranger.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, running out of the hole in the side of the hut that he was slammed through. "Are you alright?!"

"Yes, now stay away Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted back. He glared at Kanoske with his golden brown eyes and laughed. "You honestly think you can defeat me?"

"Obviously..."

"Heh, then you got another thing coming."

---------

"I think I know what else you are. The stench is all over you." Inuyasha chuckled while the front of his kimono was still being held by Kanoske. "Especially like this."

His comment made her growl in anger, lifting him higher and then slamming his back onto the ground. "You disgust me," Kanoske calmly said. She didn't notice it, but her body was slightly shaking because of the fear she was under. Kanoske was scared... She was scared of herself and what she would do to the half-demon.

"No wonder why you hate demons." Inuyasha groaned, wincing in the pain that he was in. "You're afraid of yourself."

"How dare you say that to me..."

"Look here, princess. You may have gotten the royal treatment at home--" Inuyasha started as he began to lift himself off of the ground, gripping Kanoske's wrist roughly and twisting it, "--But I ain't gonna waste my time fighting someone who is in denial about who she really is. Go take your anger out somewhere else." He twisted her wrist a bit more, causing her to scream.

"Inuyasha, stop it! You're hurting her!" Kagome yelled, worry stapled upon her face. 

"Stay out of this, Kagome."

"Inuyasha!"

"What?!" He turned to her with an annoyed tone, seeing her with her arms on her waist and a serious face.

"Sit boy!"

He let go of Kanoske's arm just before Inuyasha was pulled to the ground by the beads around his neck. Kanoske took this moment to look up at Kagome, her eyes still slightly red and her canines still larger than usual.

"You had better get out of here..." Kagome said in a serious tone, which was rare.

A part of Kanoske wanted to tear her apart for that. How dare she speak to me that way? She thought to herself. But she let it go and turned around to walk out of the village. 

"Hey! Wait! Where do you think you're going?!" Inuyasha struggled to get up as he watched her walk away. 

"Away from you, you filthy demon." The tone in Kanoske's voice was hateful, but not convincing to Inuyasha as he still struggled to get up and follow her. "Oh yeah?!" He shouted.

Shippo peeked his head out of the hole in Kaede's hut, sadly watching as Kanoske left.

"She doesn't mean it Inuyasha," Shippo said, looking down at the ground.

-------

Kanoske walked passed the trees at the exit of the village, thinking why she had become the way she did. Her canines had returned to normal, and her eyes back to their glowing light brown color. 

"I'm disappointed... I would never want to attack someone out of anger... What is with me lately?" She sighed to herself, looking at the ground sadly. "Poor Shippo must think I'm a monster..."

Kanoske began to shiver as the wind picked itself up. The trees danced gracefully but roughly, reminding her a bit of her home. The grass was no longer full of dew and shining as it was earlier, but the forest still had a sense of beauty to it.