Chapter Forty Five: Good Talk

"Mamá!" Lance yelled as he walked back into house, "We're back!"

María waved from her spot on the couch next to Rosie and José. "How was it?"

"Good." He smiled and walked toward the stairs. "We're just going to go upstairs and have some, y'know, bonding time."

Keith followed him wordlessly as they went up the stairs. "Alright," she smiled knowingly.

Soon enough, the two were seated on Lance's bed. "So... what was bothering you?" Lance asked.

"Mm, well... um, you see-" Keith's shoulders were hunched over, and he looked like he was on the verge of either crying or dying, maybe both.

Lance's arms were around him in an instant. "Hey, it's okay. I'm not gonna judge you."

"Well, uh, I just don't like telling people that I'm... y'know," he sighed. "Anyway, it's because when my parents found out... they beat me for it." Keith turned to see how Lance reacted.

To say the least, he was horrified. "W-What? Why would they-"

"Because they're disgusting @!#*s," Keith grumbled. "And so, I'm just naturally untrusting towards other people."

Lance hugged him tighter. "That's awful, I'm so sorry."

"It's- It's not your fault," he managed to say before he began to shake in the slightest, barely noticeable way he always did. Tears were forming in his eyes, but he wouldn't cry. No. He couldn't let Lance see him cry again. Keith wrapped his arms around Lance softly, barely touching him.

And then it was silent, for a little while at least. Keith wiped his eyes, and Lance spoke after a moment. "You know you have people who love you, right?" He pulled away to face Keith. "You've got Pidge, Shiro, Hunk, Matt, Shay, your sister and mom, and..." Lance pulled Keith's hands forward to cup his cheeks. "Me."

"R-Right." He nodded, "I have you guys."

Lance smiled, "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb."

Keith stared at him, no longer worried or miserable. Just confused. "What?"

"I-I mean," Lance laughed nervously. "Pidge says that sometimes, but- anyway, we're not your parents. We care about you, so don't be afraid, okay?" He smiled that sweet Lance smile that made Keith's stomach do somersaults.

He smiled back, just a small smile. "Yeah. Right."

"Well, um, good- good talk." Lance rubbed the back of his neck. "Do... Do you want to watch Avatar with my siblings downstairs? To just calm down a little?"

Keith nodded, "Sure. Now I can find out who Zuko is."

Lance just laughed and stood up, offering his hand. "Yeah. You'll find Zuko."

Two dudes chillin' on a bed, zero feet apart cause they're sO GAY