Chapter Twenty: Hobbit Hair

When Lance woke up, the bed was empty and he was alone. He smushed his face into the pillow as he thought about the night before. Keith cried. Lance sat up, All people have their weaknesses, I guess.

Meanwhile, Keith was staring into space and thinking about the classification of dinosaurs. A creak from the stairs interrupted his thoughts. He turned toward the noise, "Your mom left two waffles in the-" He met Lance's eyes, "Holy-" Lance's hair was somewhere in between curly and wavy, and he was wearing glasses over his blue eyes.

You just got hotter by tenfold, Keith thought.

"Uh... thanks," Lance's face flushed, and he looked away.

Keith's face began to heat up as well. "Did- Did I say that out loud?"

"Yeah... you did."

A long stream of swearing flew out of Keith's mouth, and he dropped his head on the table. "I hate myself. Please kill me."

"Ordinarily, I would," Lance smirked. "But I think you should stay alive to give me more compliments."

Keith looked up at him without taking his head off the table, "Don't get too full of yourself. It won't happen again."

"Tsk tsk, so rude," Lance shook his head.

Keith smirked, "Deal with it."

Thanks for 10.5K!! My internship started so I'll try to write more during the commute!