Chapter Thirteen: Betrayal

Lance stepped out onto the sidewalk, a little embarrassed about being the one in the sidecar. "Thank you for the ride, Mister Shirogane," Lance smiled.

Shiro offered his hand, "Please, call me Shiro."

They shook hands, and Lance looked to the side where Keith was staring and pouting simultaneously. He turned to look at the house when he realized Lance caught him staring.

Was he... jealous?

Maybe he just wants your attention, Lance.

Not now, gay thoughts.

Lance waved as Shiro drove away before walking to the front door. "C'mon, emo kitty, let's go inside." He put his key in and unlocked the door.

"Mijo!" María waved from the kitchen, "You're friends were looking for you, so I invited them in. They're in the living room."

"WHAT?!" Lance ran to the living room and saw Katie sitting on the couch. "You!" He pointed at Katie, anger in his eyes. "HOW DARE YOU, YOU-"

"Lance!" María smacked him with a newspaper, "Be nice! Your friends came to find you."

Lance turned to his mother, putting his hand over his hurt, "What is this betrayal?"

"It's called kindness," María said, walking back to the kitchen.

Katie smiled, "See? Your mom likes me more, Lance."

"Hmph," he crossed his arms in denial. "Betrayal." He didn't see Keith smiling at him as he pouted, too focused on his mother's favoritism to notice.

Damnit, Lance. Pay attention!
Sorry, guys, I was in Boston last week with basically no connection...