Chapter Eight: Smile

Now, I’ve clearly accepted the social difference between Jasper and I. I know that he hangs out with the rest of the varsity team along with the cheerleaders, while I spend my days with Kyla. I’m completely fine with that, we won’t change the daily routines of our lives just because we became friend again.

Guess I was completely and utterly wrong.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I groaned, eyeing the jam packed table filled with the jocks and cheerleaders. They pressed up about three tables together just to make enough room for all of them.

Kyla crossed her arms over her chest, lifting a brow at both Jasper and Tristan, “We’re not going there.”

They thought that I was perfectly fine for the two of us just suddenly sit with the biggest clique in the school. They were all laughing and playing with each other, acting like they were a bunch of celebrities.

Please, give me a break.

“They won’t hurt you,” Tristan chuckled, finding this all too amusing.

Oh I know that they won’t hurt me. One wrong move, and I’ll be the one who will be doing the beating.

What I’m afraid of is that the two of us will completely fall out of place. I could practically see rainbows and sparkles emitting from their table, it was sickening.

Looping my arm with Kyla’s I gave the boys a dry look, “We’re perfectly fine by our own,” we started to walk around them, keeping our heads held high.

“I’m never going to get used to this,” Kyla told me as we sat down on an empty table, “What are we going to do, Savannah?”

First things first, we need to get some food because I’m starving.

Scanning around the cafeteria, I made sure Jasper and Tristan was nowhere around. It’s going to be a quick sprint to the lunch counter then back to this very table.

Just as I was about to drag Kyla with me, four trays was set down on the table. Kyla and I shared a look as the two boys sat down right across from us, grinning as if this was a completely normal scene.

“Roast beef sandwich for Savannah, your favorite,” Jasper said, pushing the tray with the said sandwich next to a juice bottle.

“And a tuna sandwich for Kyla,” Tristan pushed the tray of her meal right in front of her.

We looked down at the trays of food the boys got us before shifting our gaze to the two of them.

Looking around the room was the biggest mistake.

Every single student’s jaw was currently hanging wide open, waiting for flies to get in. When my eyes casted over to the jocks’ table, their groupies was staring at our table with outmost disbelief. I swear, some of the cheerleaders were glaring at us.

What the hell is happening?

“Don’t worry about them,” Tristan assured, snapping our attention to them. He gave the both of us a comforting smile, telling us not to be bothered by everybody.

“I’m glad that you got along with them just fine,” Jasper told his best friend, “I thought you were going to freak out just like the rest of the team.”

Tristan shot us a wink, emphasizing the fact that his job was a secret from his best friend, “I don’t see what’s wrong with these two, I like them already.”

I still don’t get why he still have to hide his work from us. It would no longer be weird or awkward for Jasper to find out Tristan, Kyla and I were working at the same place. We’re all back to the normal kind of friendship already.