Chapter Sixteen: Hello To You Too

“Savannah, wake up,” somebody shook me and I groaned, turning away from whoever wants to disturb my time of solitude and sleep.

In other words, don’t wake me up when I’m asleep or else I’ll murder you.

“Savannah,” another attempt.

I cracked on of my eyes open to meet with those green ones that were the same shade as mine, the ones I inherited from my father. I groaned as I pulled the blanket over me, “No.”

He chuckled at this, trying to pry away the sheets from my hands. I’m perfectly comfy, thank you very much.

“Go away, Drew,” I mumbled.

Hold up, Drew!

My eyes shot open as I stared at my brother. He sat on my bed, his hair was an obvious mess, and he still had his coat on, a clear indication that he just came home.

The bags under his eyes were a sign that he was exhausted but the grin he was showing was really something else. I flung my blanket off as I jumped into his arms, hugging the life out of him. Unlike most sibling relationships, my brother and I actually got along really well.

“You’re here,” I voiced out, finally pulling away, “Why didn’t you tell me you’re arriving today.”

He shrugged as he got off my bed, straightening the clothes I messed up, “Surprise.”

“Where’s Celeste?” I asked, jumping to my feet, referring to his wife. He chuckled at my enthusiasm as he pointed out of my door.

“Downstairs, go greet her while I go wake up mom and dad,” he said and I didn’t need to be told twice. I grabbed the nearest pair of slippers as I raced out of my room, practically tripping on the heels I carelessly thrown on the floor when I got home last night.

Skipping two steps at a time, I ran down the stairs and turned to get into the living room when I saw my dear sister-in-law talking on the phone. She caught sight of me and she gave me a small smile, turning back to the person on the other line.

“Alright, I’ll get back to you with those reports, happy holidays,” she finally bid farewell, placing down the device and turning to me.

Her belly was definitely growing, it wasn’t bulging yet that it made her appear that she was going to pop anytime soon, but it was big enough to indicate that she was indeed pregnant.

“Hi,” she greeted, opening her arms to invite me into an embrace which I gladly took.

I would never forget how much she took care of me, even as somebody who was just Drew’s friend, she was already considered as part of the family. You can just imagine our joy when we heard the news that they were getting married, and now, they’re expecting.

“Celeste Everett!” we heard my mom yell as we heard her thundering footsteps, she had the biggest grin on when she practically shoved me away just to give her a hug.

“Nice to see you too, Ariel,” Celeste laughed, returning the gesture, she mustered up a small wave to my father who just entered the room with my brother.

Seeing my family complete is the best Christmas present that I can have.

“Traveling with a pregnant lady is definitely hard,” Drew sighed dramatically which earned a death glare from his wife. He raised his hands in surrender before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

Rolling my eyes at their display of affection, I scoffed jokingly, “You two are making me sick.”

“Says the girl who danced with a certain boy last night outside the house,” mom teased, plopping on the couch next to Celeste.