Epilogue: Thanksgiving

I saw him round up the corner of our bedroom and I gave him a smile that he could see through the mirror as I was putting on the finishing touches on my makeup.

Jasper walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, setting his head on my shoulder and giving my neck a little kiss, making me instinctively crane my neck to the other side to him more access.

He still have that same effect on me.

When I felt him smirk, I suddenly realized what was happening and I turned, giving him a dry look. He flashed me an innocent look with that playful grin, "What?"

Oh I'm not falling for that again.

"We're already running late as it is," I muttered, going around him to get my purse. He didn't seem to like my statement though with the reaction he gave. He placed on a childish pout, making me let out a slight giggle. I approached him and kissed his cheek, before giving his chest a little pat, "Now come on."

"They wouldn't notice a few minutes," he tried once again but I shook my head, nudging my head to the door.

I do feel sorry for the poor boy, but he already had his fair share of fun, and besides, we were going to be late if we even drag around for even a minute. You would think that it was only Thanksgiving, nothing too fret about.

But if you were to dine in a very fancy set up with your brother's classy in-laws, you wouldn't want to risk it. Besides, I'm already dying to see my family again and this time, even Jasper's side was invited to join us. Also, with a few coaxing, Tristan and Kyla were also invited so this meant that it was going to be a full house tonight.

Let's be honest though, their house is big enough to host a freaking carnival.

Begrudgingly, Jasper got the car keys and followed me outside into the cold autumnal temperature. Thankfully, we were at our main house instead of the apartment we got at the neighboring city.

Jasper was so kind enough to grant me that apartment, it cut my commute to work by an hour. After graduation, Drew took me under his wing and got me a job at one of Celeste's companies. It wasn't that far that I had to really move out, but the distance was already a hassle for me.

And so, after two months of seeing how difficult it was for me, he surprised me with an apartment. It was small, but it did its purpose. Jasper didn't really care that much since he was always off during the days with training with his team, and I always proudly state to everyone that my husband was a player in the major league.

At weekdays, we stay there and on the weekends, we come back here. We were thinking of really buying a bigger apartment, but I made him pause with that idea of reasons.

Reasons which I'm going to tell him pretty soon.

When were on the drive to the house, I felt his hand on my thigh, his palm facing up and I already knew what he wanted. Placing my hand in his, I watched him smile as his eyes were focused on road ahead.

In the end, we didn't grow past this part of our relationship and I'm perfectly fine with it.

The memory of our wedding was still engraved in my mind. On the day after my graduation, Jasper took me out to celebrate and at the very end of the evening, he got down on one in front of the whole restaurant we were eating at and popped the question.

Since his sister was a wedding planner, everything went without a hitch. It took us about six months to get everything down and on that special day, we kissed at the altar in front of all our friends and family.