Chapter Thirty: Makes Us Feel Alive

It's been four months so... Recap: Savannah who has feelings for Jasper finally regained their friendship after three years of ignoring each other, and after a whirlwind of events, they finally became a couple. But Savannah finds out that she was accepted to a college's freshman program that required her to start to studying early instead of enjoying a summer break. Soon, she was informed that Jasper was planning to take her in a road trip to Europe, but instead of going with him, she decided to go to the freshman program after talking to him. To make it up to her, Kyla, with the help of others, decided to have a travel-like theme for their prom so she and Jasper can have the experience they wanted.

Now onto the story!

I laughed along as I allowed Jasper to pull me all the way out of the gym and into the empty hallways. Well, almost empty aside from the few couples who also wanted their privacy.

"Kyla gave us only twenty minutes before she smacks us because we've been gone too long," he informed as his grip on my hand tightened.

Talk about going around the world in eighty days – we're doing it in twenty minutes.

"First stop, Italy," he grinned, rushing to the other end of the hallway where a puny cardboard replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. He gave me that adorable smile of his as he reached behind it and produced a huge bottle that looked like wine, "It's just grape juice, before you think of anything."

Scrunching my eyebrows together, I craned my neck to look at the back and saw that there were also two wine glasses behind it with the top being covered by a plastic circle to prevent the dust from going in.

Don't tell me that every European destination in this place right now has that.

He poured it into the two glasses and handed one to me, "A toast to the start of this great journey."

"Why do I get the feeling that this journey is more than just this impromptu trip around the school," I voiced my thoughts out loud. Instead of replying, he clinked our glass together and took a sip of his juice.

He didn't even bother waiting for us to finish the two glasses as he took my hand and led me to a long cardboard cutout of what appeared like the skyline of Barcelona.

Reaching out to the back, he took out a plate that was currently being protected by cling film, "Everywhere I read, one must surely try some tapas when visiting the amazing country of Spain," he said, peeling of the plastic cover and offered the various amounts of snacks that were stuck to a bunch of toothpicks.

"Alright, how long did it take you to do this?" I questioned with a slight laugh, taking a toothpick and examining the food that was on the other end, before placing it in my mouth, nodding in satisfaction with the savory taste.

Picking out his own sample, he ate his first before giving me a quick wink, "That's something only I can know."

"That's no fair," I pouted, though I continued with the snacks and finishing up my drink.

"If you're frowning about this, then I don't think you would enjoy getting your feet a bit dirty with the next destination," he chuckled, placing the plate back down behind the cutout.

Looking down on my high heel clad feet, I was both excited and fearing whatever destination we were going to. I gulped down my drink before setting down beside the plate and grabbing Jasper's hand as we breezed through the hallway.

"Greece," he grinned, presenting the single country that Kyla gave the most attention to. The backdrop was an amazing beach with the bluest sky I have seen and right at the bottom was a box that occupied half of the width of the hall. It was filled hallway through with a good amount of sand that was obviously been played around by a few people before us.