Bonus Chapter: His And Her

This is set during their college life.

Her POV

I hummed a random tune as I held my pen in between my fingers, my eyes on the notebook on my lap, and yet, my attention was on the pressed against my ear, listening to my boyfriend's deep voice.

"And then when I passed the ball to him, he threw it to the basket," he told enthusiastically, "It got in and we won the practice match."

"Really?" I grinned, genuinely happy for him. I didn't really care that much about basketball, but Jasper loved it and whatever makes him happy is enough to make me smile. In the end, he snagged the scholarship and is currently the front man of his college's team, making me extremely proud of him.

Whether it was the championships or simply a game he and his friends played for fun, he would always report the results with so much enthusiasm that I couldn't help but laugh.

At least one of us is enjoying their time.

When your days are packed with classes and the few moments of break that you have is filled with revising, you can't really say you're having a blast. Don't get me wrong, I do have a social life here and I do get invited to those parties and such, but that excitement quickly died down when it started to become more and more frequent.

He probably thought that I was gone because I didn't speak for too long so he called out my name, "Savannah?"

"I'm sorry," I said back, "I'm glad you won, Jasper."

"Are you alright?" he questioned.

"Yeah," I replied softly, "Just a little tired."

I could practically see him frown at my statement, one of the few things that I love about Jasper is that he's extremely caring. Even if I told him that I got a papercut, he'll be the one doing the panicking for me while I calmly wrap a band aid around it.

Looking down on my wristwatch, my eyes bulged out of their sockets when I realized that I'm about to become late to my lecture, "I got to go, Jasper, I still have class."

"Oh," he muttered, disappointment rolling off of his voice, "I'll call you tonight, okay?"

"Like always," I said before hanging up.

It was a routine, a good night call from Jasper would be the only thing that can put me to sleep even in the most stressful times. We've been doing this ever since we got separated, and that was a good few years ago. If there was a time that we wouldn't be able to take the call, we'll just text that everything was alright.

Just the assurance of his voice was already a sweet lullaby.

Stuffing my belongings back into my bag, I swung it on my shoulder before running to the hall where my class was being held in.

When I snuck inside, I saw that the professor was just about to start since he was still setting up his presentation. Sliding myself into an available desk, I zipped open my bag to get my textbook. When I didn't notice it there, I started digging for it before I suddenly remembered that I left it on my desk back in my dorm.

Letting out a slightly audible groan, I dropped my bag on the floor with a huff after setting up my notebook and pen. Suddenly, I felt someone tap on my shoulder, making me look at my side.

The guy seated next to me placed his textbook on top of my desk, "I have a feeling you're going to need it more than I will."

"No need," I politely declined. I don't really have the heart to make him understand the lesson less just because of a careless mistake.