Chapter Twenty-Five: Cereal Salvation

Should I be furious? Angry? Saddened? Depressed? Confused?

All I knew was one thing, I was out of here.

Pushing myself off against the wall, I started to march down the hallway. I heard Kyla call out for me, but I kept on walking, there's no freaking way that I would be staying there.

I heard footsteps behind me, and I knew Kyla and Tristan are following me but are keeping a safe distance just in case I decided to explode in front of everybody in the hallway.

How dare Jasper Dean makes me feel all guilty when he was the one moving away?! I'm just going away for an early summer, he's moving to another fucking continent here!

When I stepped out of the school, I cursed everything in the world to see that somebody has parked in front of my car, making me stranded in this stupid place. Turning around, I reached out my palm to Kyla, requesting her to give me her keys.

She frowned, but she seemed to understand as she took it out from her pocket. Just as she was about to give it to me, Tristan snatched it from her hand and quickly pocketed it, "You're not going anywhere until you hear his side."

"He's going to study in Europe!" I screeched, my voice much higher than I expected, "Europe, Tristan, and he can't even find a single second to tell me about it."

Using his hand, he covered my mouth to stop me from rambling on any further. He gave me a stern look, telling me not to argue with him, "I don't know how the hell those girls got the conclusion that he was running for a scholarship in Europe, but calm yourself because he isn't."

Huh?

When I fell silent, he took away his hand and allowed it to run along his hair, "Please think for a moment, Europe's not that interested in basketball, well, to the level of Americans that is."

Say what?

He snapped his fingers in front of me, trying to make me respond to his words, "Are you even getting any of this?"

No Europe?

"She has officially lost it," Kyla threw her hands up in the air in exasperation, "Maybe we should get her inside?"

She tugged on my arm and I blinked multiple times before my gaze focused on her face. She was still lightly pulling me, trying to make me move. I was squished between Tristan and Kyla as if I was a small child, getting assisted as I did my first steps.

There were still some people loitering along the hallway, some even got their snacks and were now contentedly sitting on the floor like they were all having a large picnic.

When the nurse got outside the school clinic, he jumped up in surprise at the amount of students just casually waiting outside the room. He tried to make his way to the center, doing his best to make sure he didn't step on anything or anyone.

"Alright, I want everybody to leave now," he announced, clapping his hands so he would be able to catch the attention of everybody. They stared at him for a quick moment before they completely ignored him, returning to their individual businesses.

His look settled upon me, clearly asking for help to herd everyone out. The thing is, even I don't want to go.

I shifted my gaze so I didn't have to force myself to do something I'm not willing to do. Months ago, I would have yelled at these people in a heartbeat for even ignoring somebody in authority, but right now, my only concern is Jasper.

Get a grip of yourself, Savannah, you still have a job to fulfill.

 I'm defeated — completely and utterly defeated.