Chapter 8: I may not be an expert in girls' fashion, but even that outfit is not

Chapter 8: I may not be an expert in girls' fashion, but even that outfit is not working out

I hate Mondays, because Mondays mean a whole week of school and a whole week of school means stacks of homework and it is tiring as hell. Except when it's fun, but with my life, school weeks are barely fun.

"Hailey, some cute guy is waiting for you outside," my mom shouts from downstairs and I roll my eyes at how my mother describes the unknown person.

I finish putting on my outfit-- sweatpants and a tank top and my converse-- and head downstairs. I'm not in the mood to dress up. I reach the kitchen and grab an apple from the fruit basket and bid my mom a goodbye. I leave the house and see the 'cute guy' my mom said is waiting for me. Tristan. Just the person I want to see on a Monday morning.

Awesome. Note the sarcasm.

"Get in," he says sternly when I reach the car.

"Glad to see that you're back to being mean," my voice drips with sarcasm, and I don't miss his eye roll. We get into the car without uttering another word to each other and Tristan pulls out of the drive way. "Can you put on the radio?" I ask him. The silence in the car makes me feel uncomfortable and I need music to make feel better, especially when you're in a car with a emotionless robot.

Tristan doesn't answer and I refrain from asking him again and reach for the radio but Tristan's cold hand pushes mine away and says, "Don't, I like the silence."

"I think I figured that out Edward," I look out the window and watch the houses we pass by.

"Fan of Twilight I see," it's as if I can feel the smirk playing with his lips.

We arrive at school a few minutes later and I still have about twenty minutes before school begins. Me and Tristan get out of his mustang and walk towards the entrance. People give us quizzical facial expressions and girls look at me as if they want to despatch me.

You're walking with the school's bad boy. What did you think?

"Aren't I ruining you're social status?" I whisper to Tristan.

"No one can ruin my social status. I'm too hot for that," he smirks.

"Talk about having a huge ego," I roll my eyes.

"Angel, girls can't resist me," he winks at a group of girls that are batting their eyelashes at him.

"Well I can," I roll my eyes.

"That's because you're not a girl."

"Excuse me?" I gasp.

"Have you seen your outfit?" With that, he disappears. What's wrong with my outfit?

Everything. You can shut up now inner voice.

I walk to my locker and I find Peyton, Kaitlyn, Jordan and Chase standing in front of Peyton's locker. Kaitlyn and Jordan seem to be engrossed with an interesting conversation but I can sense that they don't want to be disturbed since they aren't even talking with Peyton and Chase. Although, I didn't miss the slight blush on Kaitlyn's cheek-- Jordan must be on his mission.

"Hi guys," I greet only Peyton and Chase, seeing as how the two love birds are too distracted.

"Hi," Peyton greets me with a hug.

"Guess what?" She squeals.

"What?"

"We are invited to the beach party this Friday! Well...technically... Jordan invited Kaitlyn but she didn't want to go alone, so...they insisted that we come."