Chapter 55: That's him?

"How many men do we have?" Tristan asks Jordan, Chase and Gregg.

The whole group is currently sitting at McDonalds and we are trying to come up with a solid strategy to finish Luther once and for all.

"Not enough." Jordan answers him. "We have about eighteen men, and that's not enough against Luther's army."

"But..." Chase interjects, "We could still call some old friends and ask them for a favour."

"Not happening." Tristan abruptly shakes his head, understanding what they are insinuating. "We are not calling them."

"C'mon, we have no other choice." Greg says. "It's about time you leave all your past feuds behind."

Who are they talking about? These people must rile Tristan up, seeing that they are enough to pop a vein on Tristan's temple due to some feud in the past.

"I can't allow that jerk to go anywhere near her." Tristan laces his fingers through mine and places both our hands on my lap-- for comfort.

So this is also about me?

Why am I always the common factor in these types of situations?

Well, this whole ordeal has always been about me...

I'm not getting that normal life, am I?

"Either way, we have no choice. Besides Hailey can protect herself," Greg turns to me,"Right?"

Dang it! I was actually hoping they were talking about someone else. Maybe... Lizzy. No offence.

"Sure." I nod hesitantly, not even turning to look at my boyfriend.

"Great." Jordan cheers. "Problem solved.

"Do you want to call him?" Jordan grins cheekily at Tristan, knowing that it'll tick him off.

"I'm not going to call Benson, you moron." Tristan rolls his eyes.

"Fair enough then I'll call him." Jordan holds his arms up in surrender. "Bro," he nudges Chase, who's sitting next to him. "You have Stanley's tens?"

"Nope. Ask Greg." Chase simply shakes his head.

"Gre--"

"Here." Greg hands Jordan his phone already knowing what the question is.

"I knew I could always depend on you." Jordan ruffles Greg's hair, and Greg responds by swatting his hand away.

"Now, anyone wants to volunteer to take our orders?" Chase asks all of us expectantly.

I don't think large fries will even cure my anxiety right now.

..............

"How long until they come?" Chase asks Jordan.

"Any minute from now." Jordan replies.

We have been impatiently waiting for someone at a corner of two streets, carefully trying to spot the person we are expecting.

Not that I even know him.

"Psst, Tristan." I whisper quietly into Tristan's ear, but he doesn't take knowledge of me. Luckily, we are a few meters behind the rest of the group, so they can't exactly hear me.

"Chicken." I whisper again and still no response.

"Tristan!" I raise my volume a bit and it is enough to pull him out of his daydreams, and capture his attention.