Chapter 6: Girls aren't objects that you can just call 'dibs' on

Sorry for updating so late. Exams kept me up but I might be able to update quicker now. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 6: Girls aren't objects that you can just call 'dibs' on

"Tristan, long time since I've seen you my friend," the man says.

"Henry," Tristan growls.

I stare flabbergasted at the scenario before me, trying to uncover what is happening.

They know each other. But how?

"Hailey, you never told me that you knew my old friend Tristan," he smirks and leans back on his seat as he interwines his fingers and rests his elbows on the desk before him.

"Wh-what?" I stutter. "Oh he didn't tell you?" He asks and his lips curve into an evil smirk. Tristan let out an angry growl and attempts to attack Henry, but two of the body guards beat him to it and stop him before he could. "I'm going to kill you!" He yells. Henry just avoids his commotion and averts his gaze to me.

"Hailey, I need you to fight. Two weeks from now," he says. "You already know the consequences if you don't so, I won't bother explaining."

"She will not fight!" Tristan yells. "Yes she will! And you will not stand in the way," Henry raises his voice higher than Tristan's.

"She will get hurt, those people are rough and they don't care if they have to kill someone," Tristan yells.

"She has fought before, many times, and she never lost. She's the best fighter I have and she will fight this time again," Henry growls.

Tristan, without saying a word, grabs my wrist, and pulls me out of the room.

What just happened?

"Tristan what's going on?" I ask him as he drags me out of the building, but he just avoids me, conspicuously deep in thought. We finally exit the building and reach the car. Tristan opens the passenger door and commands, "Get in." Not being able to control my anger, I remained fixed in my position.

"What the hell just happened?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Get. In."

"No Tristan. Tell me what the hell happened first," I raise my voice.

He sighs, "Get in and I'll tell you."

I dubiously plump myself down on the passenger seat and Tristan shuts my door before sitting in the driver's seat and taking off.

...........

"Henry was my boss two years ago. I used to be one of his fighters. I was known as Travis. I used to do it for money so, that's how I came to know him," Tristan briefly explains. We are parked in my drive way and I am listening to Tristan as he explains what had happened with Henry. "Are you happy now?" He asks sardonically and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Then how did you cut your ties with him?" I question. Tristan knowing Henry was unexpected. Travis was a well-known fighter. He was the best, undefeated but no one knew his true identity because he always wore a mask and out of the blue, he stopped fighting but no one knew why. But discovering that Tristan is Travis and Travis is Tristan has taken me aback.

"I'm done talking. I'll get your car fixed by Monday," he avoids my gaze, his hands stiffening on the steering wheel.

"Wait are you going to the party?" I decide to stop inquiring, seeing as how he was pissed off, although I want answers.

"Yeah, why?"

"My friend invited me, so because I don't have car, I need a ride."

He takes a few seconds to reply and sighs, "Fine."