Chapter 16: I can take on the hard guys

Hailey's POV

"Took you long enough," Tristan mutters to me as I reach the changing rooms.

"Some douche bags made me wait," I roll my eyes.

"I thought people knew you and they'll make way for you wherever you set your foot in this arena," he quirks an eyebrow and folds his arms across his chest and studies me.

"They know Haze not Hailey," I state. "Wait for a sec," I take out my white mask and throw my duffle bag at him, which he catches effortlessly and I enter the changing rooms.

I look into the mirror to make sure that I am fine and then put on the white mask that covers half of my face. Then I finish off my look with a bright red lipstick.

I come out and notice Tristan still on the door. "Typical." He scoffs and I roll my eyes.

We head towards the check-in desk I see a guy in his early twenties with blonde hair and green eyes.

"Trace?" The guy asks Tristan.

"Drake?" Tristan asks him.

"Long time no see, dude," the guy I suppose is Drake, greets Tristan with those manly or bro hugs.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Came here with a friend," Tristan gestures to me and Drake stares at me with wide eyes.

"She's hot," he states and my cheeks turn red.

"Yeah, and she's fighting tonight," Tristan replies.

"Okay, what's your name hot stuff?" Drake asks me without hesitation even though I'm a girl.

"Haze," I reply.

"Okay, should I give you someone easier to beat up?" He asks.

"Nope, I can take on the hard guys," I reassure him.

He eyes me curiously and asks, "Are you by any chance the undefeated Haze?"

"Glad you finally figured it out," Tristan chuckles beside me.

He nods and looks through some papers before nodding again. "Your fight's in five minutes."

"Thanks."

"Sure. I'll make sure to bet on you," he says.

"Good choice."

We walk over to ring and already there are two fighters in the ring. Both of them a sweating profusely and soon enough, one of them are going to break.

The fighter with blonde hair right jabs his opponent in the jaw and finishes him off with a left uppercut straight to the jaw, sending his opponent tumbling to the ground. The crowd counts to ten but the guy stays down and the blonde haired guy wins.

"Give it up for Thunder! The winner of three matches in a row this evening!" The announcer announces and the crowd cheers him on as he walks out of the ring.

"Good luck," Tristan's fresh minty breath tickles my ear at his close proximity as he whispers into my ear.

"Thanks," I say and make my way to the ring.

"And now, we have a special guest. The all time, undefeated champion, and first girl to ever win the championship, Haze!" The announcer says and the crowd goes wild at the mention of my name.

I make my way towards the centre of the ring and the loud cheers fill up the arena. The shout my name and pump their fists into the air as they cheer.

I can see Henry's malicious smirk from the VIP area he's sitting at. I know what he's doing. He wants me to win so that he can get what he wants.

He doesn't really care about me, he's just so self-absorbed that he puts himself before others. I know you have to take care of yourself before attending to others, but what he's doing is pure selfishness. He knows how to get what he wants and he always gets it. Regardless of the pain and suffering he causes to those around him.

He feeds on pain and suffering, but not his own, on those he despises or who nill to do whatever nefarious deed he wants them to do. All he wants is to feed his hunger for power and money.

Sometimes I wonder how things would be like if I had never met Henry, but I guess luck was just not on my side from the very beginning. I just have to work my way through the pain and agony this man has brought into my life, but I can't blame it all on him now, can I?

"And now, her opponent, Thunder!" The crowd also cheers for the man making his way to the centre of the ring. His glides are filled with pride, as if he has victory already.

Little did he know.

"Take your positions. You know the rules, there aren't any! Now, fight!"

Now, any sane person would think that a fight without rules is utterly dangerous and stupid in all ways known to mankind. But this is illegal, so it's not shocking to not have rules.

I look at my opponent dead in the eye and search for any weaknesses and I find some.

He has a bruise on his left rib side, indicating that the spot is still delicate and could help me win. His right knee looks like he's just came out of an injury, and I immediately know where to attack.

The bell rings.

It's show time!

..............

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Love ya!

Hailey: Who wants to see me fight?

Tristan: *scoffs* Not me. Who wants to see a girl fight?

Hailey: FIY... I was asking the readers, not you idiot. So stick your nose where it belongs before I shove it out of my business.

Tristan: How will they even see you fight if they are reading? Or is your common sense not functioning properly at this moment?

Hailey: [Exits the room without sparing a glance at Tristan]

Author: I'm so gonna kill those two! Anyhoo, don't forget to vote and comment.

-Dee