Chapter 19: But we'll Skype anyway

"Hailey," I stir in my sleep as I hear faint knocks at my door. I mumble nonsensical words under my breath as I'm still under the deep spell called sleep.

The light streaks pierce the window class and the small opening of my curtains allow a bright light to brighten up a small portion of my big room.

"Hailey? Breakfast's ready," I hear my dad's voice at the other side of the door.

My dad's barely home due to business, but whenever he is here, he makes sure to spend enough time with his family as possible.

He's the co-owner of a huge merchandise company known all over the states and also in few parts of Africa. The owner of the company is Mr Wilder, yes, Tristan's father.

Isn't that great? Not.

"Okay-- I'm comi....ng...u--um," I mumble.

"Okay," he lets out a soft chuckle.

I manage to open my eyes slightly, trying to block out the bright light. I feel something heavy draped around my waiste and realisation soon hits me in the face like a ton of bricks.

Tristan's in my bed.

Acting with slight shock, I push him out of my bed and he lets out a yelp as his body connnects with the hard floor.

"Bloody hell? What was that for?!" He shouts.

"Reflex?" I smile sheepishly.

"You need to leave," I say hurriedly.

"Yeah, fine. I'm leaving." He grabs his jeans and shirt from the couch where he threw them last night, and puts them on.

I'm gonna miss his half naked self.

He reaches for the door knob but I immediately stop him. "They same way you came in dude," I point to the window he sneaked in through.

"Wow." I hear him mutter under his breath, along with a string of profanities.

................

"Morning Mom and Dad!" I chirpily greet my parents. Their famous pancake and toaste smell fills the kitchen with the aroma I've missed so much, and my stomach starts to growl.

"Hi Sweetheart," my dad greets me, while laying a plate of freshly made pancakes with honey dripping over them on the table. "You're in a good mood. Does it have to do with the boy you hid in your room?"

I freeze.

My concentration withdraws from the deliciously, mouth savoring pancakes, and focuses on the question my dad had asked.

"Boy? What boy?" I scoff, trying to cover up my lie.

"So that Mustang outside just appeared out of the ordinary last night and disappeared again right after I woke you up?" He raises a smug eyebrow.

"Honey, stop bombarding her with those questions. Who cares is she's lost her V-card? You lost before you were eighteen," my mom interrupts my dad. I trust her to make things more awkward.

"Mom!" I whine and stomp my food like a five year old. "He's just a friend that need a place to stay."

"There, you got your answer. Now let's eat!" My mom says to my dad.

That sly mother---

"The pancakes are finishing," my mom pulls me out of my line of thoughts.

"Ooh! Pancakes!"

Who can say no to pancakes?

................

"What?!" Kate, Peyton and I exclaim in unison.

"Yep, I'm moving tomorrow," Cathy continues to stare at the cup of coffee settled on the table before as she stirs it.

"But when-- how?" Kate asks.

"My father received a call last night from one of Africa's biggest companies and they have required us to move there immediately."

We are sitting in a small café-- Donna's Café. It has a cosy atmosphere and it has plain white walls with black furniture invading the small space.

Cathy called us all-- Kaitlyn, Peyton, Luke and I to gather here for the news that she had in stored for us. Apparently, Nate, had something to take care of and he couldn't meet up with us.

"We'll miss you," Luke wipes a fake tear, although I see real tears forming on the brim of his eyelids.

"Yeah." We all nod.

I may not have known her for too long, but I am clearly going to miss her. She has this presence that holds everything together and although she's kind of quiet, I'm going to miss talking to her.

"C'mon guys, Skype was invented for a reason." She attempts to lighten up the tension in the air.

"Skype is not the same," Peyton says.

"But we'll Skype anyway," I let a soft chuckle.

..................

Short.

I know.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Follow me if you like! ;)

-Love ya!