Chapter 47: Go sleep!

"That movie was awesome!" I shout excitedly as we walk out of the cinema.

"Sometimes I wonder if you aren't a six year old." Tristan slides his hand in mine.

"Depends. Can six year olds kick butt?" I ask.

"Good point." He laughs.

"It's time to take the kids home. They must be really tired." Tristan informs me, but I don't notice a hint of sleep as I gaze upon the Emily and Evan who are busy gushing about the movie. They are jumping around and actively acting out some of the scenes.

"They still seem energised to me." I tell him.

"Trust me, when we get home, they're gonna pass out faster than the speed of lightning." He chuckles and my focus falls on how his face has been showing a lot more happiness lately. His eyes seem brighter, as if the sun has finally risen in him. His smile is wider, and does not show on his lips only, but as well as his face.

"Are you checking me out?" His teasing voice slices through my thoughts.

"Yes. You actually have a pretty smile." I admit.

"Because of you." He pecks the side of my head, causing a blush to attack my cheeks.

...................

"Told you they were tired." Tristan wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to his side, as we walk down the stairs.

"Yeah. After an hour of playing hide and seek, in which you always cheated." I playfully slap his toned chest.

"Hey! Who said you can't open your eyes to see where they are hiding?" He protests.

"It's the rule of the game, idiot." I roll my eyes and release myself from Tristan's grasp to go to the kitchen while he goes to the TV room.

"So are you telling me that if you're chasing someone because they stole something, you're gonna close your eyes first so that they find a hiding place, then you chase after them?" He enters the kitchen and heads straight to the fridge, to pull out a bottle of water.

"Yes. That's exactly what I'll do." I lie.

"No wonder I'm smarter than you." He shakes his head after taking a sip of water.

"Who said you are?" I arch an eyebrow. I've never known his GPA score but I'm pretty sure mine tops his. I doubt Tristan can beat a 3.9 GPA score.

"I bet your GPA is lower than 4.0." He smirks.

"Yeah..." I say rather slowly. "What's yours?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He teases me.

"Oh, please tell me!"

"Nope. You'll find out by yourself... eventually."

"And that's why you'll always be a jerk." I cross my arms over my chest and pout.

"Your jerk." He corrects me.

"Yeah, right." I mutter sarcastically.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He grins proudly. He must be proud that I am irritated because he loves seeing me in this state.

"Nope. I'm tired. I just want some ice-cream then I'm going to sleep." I walk over to the fridge and I open the freezer, and take out some vanilla ice-cream.

"Can I come with you?" He asks. I open a cupboard and fish for a bowl, and once I have found it, I scoop myself some ice-cream.

"Nope. We have seperate rooms for a reason."