Chapter 4: Feeling's Mutual

Unedited.

Hailey's POV

"What happened to always protecting me, huh?" I asked him, as tears trickle down my cheeks."You promised! This is all your fault! You're the reason why I'm in this mess and you're just going to leave me?"  I yelled.

"It wasn't my fault that he wanted you!" He yelled back.

I wake up from my nightmare and sit up with my arms on my knees and massage my temples with my hands as I trying to calm myself down.

It was just a dream.

A memory.

Pushing away my thought to the back of my mind, I get up and make my way towards the bathroom, and I turn on the hot water and my muscles instantly relax as the hot water comes in contact with my body. I finish showering and put on a pair of black jeans and a grey hoodie. I check myself in the mirror and I french braid my hair and apply lip gloss. I check the time and see that still have an hour to get to school.

I make my way downstairs and start making myself pancakes for breakfast, and after, I take a seat on the couch and start paging through the TV channels while munching on my pancakes.

"You're early today," I turn to see the embodied but familiar voice.

"Yep," I say to my dad. "Didn't have any sleep left."

He nods."I have two tickets for a football game on Friday," he says. "Wanna come?" He asks. My dad and I love football and our favourite team is the White Whales and we never missed any of their games.

"Sorry Dad," I say as I remember that Friday I'm not available.

Great.

"I'll be busy," I finish.

"With friends?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Sure," I lie and my dad gives me a suspicious look clearly seeing that I'm hiding something.

Finishing my breakfast, I say bye to my dad and check that I still have thirty minutes to get school. I take my bag and car keys and go to the garage, and I throw myself on the driver's seat and put the key in the ignition and the car roars to life.

I arrive at school five minutes later and park my car. I make my way towards the building and I meet Peyton as I enter the hallway.

"So, party. This Friday," she squeals. "Can't make it. I'll be busy," I say sincerely.

"With," she raises her eyebrow and crosses her arms.

"Stuff. Look, after I'm done with what I'll be doing, I promise I'll try to make it to the party," I assure her.

"You better," she warns playfully and I laugh.

"Hailey!" I turn to see Chase and Jordan walking in my direction. Peyton gives me a questioning look and I give her a look that says I'll tell her later.

"Hi Chase, Jordan," I greet them. By this time, everyone's eye is turned towards us, looking confused as the one of the two most popular guys come to me.

There goes my goal of being unnoticed.

"You good?" Chase asks.

"Yeah," I answer.